What if.....

gv1.3

Admin
You could buy your EP brand new today from a show room... would you?

Imagine your EP never touched by anyone else, brand spanking new... how much would you pay for it?

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
I wouldn't buy one new as they need modifying, therefore you just lose your warranty instantly, and lets face it, thats the only reason you'd buy a car brand new.

I'd wait 3 years and buy one 2nd hand :p

malcolmgt

Member +
as cornish said, you only buy a new car for the warranty and if your going to mod it.. no point.

but saying that knowing the car had nothing wrong with it would be so nice! id pay £10,000

Kelly

Member +
Id love the thought of owning one from brand new but paying for a new car has never appealed to me. The decrease in value is just too much. I did the best i good and got my ep as a fresh inmport untouched un modified.

Someone off clubvr4 told me that the Legnums were 30k new! Shocking!

I suppose 13k for a new starlet isnt too bad when compared to the lil hatches what are on the market now (fiesta ST's etc )

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Id love to own one from brand new but then again i like the fact it was owned over in Japan before i got it.

Sigma

Member +
I think the fact that it's had a life in another far away country appeals to me.

I look at it and think, I wish it could tell/show me where it's been.

Sounds awfully childish, but it crosses my mind all the time :p

As with buying it brand new, I think if Toyota produced a similar vehicle now, with as good power to weight and "pocket rocket" appeal, I'd definately be tempted, and would probably pay £12-15k for such a thing.

:)

durmz

Member +
lol, i couldnt afford to buy another 2nd hand atm :haha: tbh the appeal for me with it was alot todo with speed per pound, and if it was new, that figure dissapears, so i wouldnt be too interested

Somhairle

Lifer
If there was a showroom full of them I don't think I'd buy one.

As soon as you'd get out of the showroom, you'd end up passing hundreds of the same.

the appeal of them would go for me, as they'd be mainstream.

I like the mystery behind them really.

Som.

jamesbaa

Member +
Id buy one brand new from the factory if it cam with a forged engine, TD04 hybrid, kazz diff, full roll cage, sparco bucket seats, harnesess and fully adjustable suspention!

So basically the same spec as mine haha

Blak_Mamber

Member +
If there was a showroom full of them I don't think I'd buy one.

As soon as you'd get out of the showroom, you'd end up passing hundreds of the same.

the appeal of them would go for me, as they'd be mainstream.

I like the mystery behind them really.

Som.

x2, good answer.. i feel the same tbh....

Guye

Lifer
I would happily pay for a brand new totally stock mark1 ep82 GT. I don't care about the mods or how many I pass on the road. I wouldn't even worry about the depreciation. I absolutely love the ep82 and have always wanted one even before I had a licence. I may sound crazy, but who can really explain love?

Sigma

Member +
I would happily pay for a brand new totally stock mark1 ep82 GT. I don't care about the mods or how many I pass on the road. I wouldn't even worry about the depreciation. I absolutely love the ep82 and have always wanted one even before I had a licence. I may sound crazy, but who can really explain love?

Ask a woman, she'll tell you how to explain love by giving you a list of expensive bullshit, that she feels she needs...

cameroon95

Member +
I think the fact that it's had a life in another far away country appeals to me.

I look at it and think, I wish it could tell/show me where it's been.

Sounds awfully childish, but it crosses my mind all the time :p

As with buying it brand new, I think if Toyota produced a similar vehicle now, with as good power to weight and "pocket rocket" appeal, I'd definately be tempted, and would probably pay £12-15k for such a thing.

x2

gv1.3

Admin
Greats responses :) very interesting to get different individual opinions and see why people love their cars.

For me personally nothing could beat the feeling I had when I found my Glanza scruffy and rough buried behind lots of clean cars in a secondhand car dealers yard. It looked so lonely, sad and forgotten about.

When I took it out for a test drive the minute I started it up the steering wheel vibrated due to the exhaust tone and the stiff coilovers... it felt like a race car.

If it was stock I just dont think I would have fallen for it in the same way. However I remember Trevor was selling a bone stock EP not so long ago and I was so tempted by it. I think if the EP82 could be bought brand spanking new I would buy one and keep it stock for a daily driver.

I mean no offense to our yaris/vitz owners but I have never even considered going to look at one of these from the showroom, they just dont hold any attraction for me.

Is the day of the rapido small toyota hatchback over?

GT_Irl

Member +
Greats responses :)
I mean no offense to our yaris/vitz owners but I have never even considered going to look at one of these from the showroom, they just dont hold any attraction for me.

x2. and I hope not! Modern hatchs/cars are too dam heavy anyway:( I got my GT bone stock from Japan with 40,000kms on it. It felt brand new:) I experienced the same rush you describe when I drove mine for the first time, I remember I picked up the car on my way to work and the first chance I had to open her up was going down the ringaskiddy road...smiling ear to ear for the next week:haha:

If I got a chance to buy a new one..i'd take it in a heartbeat:) As said above about 16k!

cameroon95

Member +
Greats responses :) very interesting to get different individual opinions and see why people love their cars.

For me personally nothing could beat the feeling I had when I found my Glanza scruffy and rough buried behind lots of clean cars in a secondhand car dealers yard. It looked so lonely, sad and forgotten about.

When I took it out for a test drive the minute I started it up the steering wheel vibrated due to the exhaust tone and the stiff coilovers... it felt like a race car.

If it was stock I just dont think I would have fallen for it in the same way. However I remember Trevor was selling a bone stock EP not so long ago and I was so tempted by it. I think if the EP82 could be bought brand spanking new I would buy one and keep it stock for a daily driver.

I think the closest thing we will ever get is the corolla. Safety standards seem to ruin quite a lot these days.

When people ask me if my car is a 2 litre, i explain that it's 1.3.

I often get a giggle but when i tell them the weight they can't beleive it.