whats happened

stedee

Member +
right i was cruising about 3000 revs slowly accelerating, i had just cleaned my lambda sensor - hoping it would sort out my lean issues - then i heard a pop (not loud) and a swish noise which it is still doing, obviously its something to do with the turbo, i`m hoping its a pipe popped off, it still boosts to just under 0 but i am scared to put my foot down any further, no smoke or nasty noises just a louder turbo noise.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
with what you cleand your lambda? i did read somewhere if you try to cleant it with some spirit/wd40 you will get a useles lambda..

and for the big pop sounds like you poped a pipe off like mentiond

dantheman

Member +
mate if you say it still boosts to just ender 0 on the gauge then it is not boosting at all :p sounds like a boost leak/pipe come off or split.

stedee

Member +
yeah popped the intercooler pipe off - jeeez give me a heart attack - i thought it was but in the back of my head - the ol imagination run wild.

stedee

Member +
with what you cleand your lambda? i did read somewhere if you try to cleant it with some spirit/wd40 you will get a useles lambda..

and for the big pop sounds like you poped a pipe off like mentiond

just wire brushed it - i`m not expecting much gonna get a new one sat or monday.

stedee

Member +
mate if you say it still boosts to just ender 0 on the gauge then it is not boosting at all :p sounds like a boost leak/pipe come off or split.

you know what i mean - i dont actually know what changes the negative pressure to atmospheric whether its just air being allowed through with the turbo spinning - i dont really know!!!!!!!!!!!

stedee

Member +
yeah i know that but the turbo needs to spin to change from neg to atmos or does it - i know the air is being sucked in before o by the action of the pistons an then after 0 the turbo is pushing the air in.

sx_turbo

Lifer
mate your "lean" issues are probably down to poor tune.

when a lambda breaks its normally causes over fuelling.

what makes you think your running lean?