Member +
Im thinking of selling onl, just thinking at the moment

I have a black 1998 glanza v

spec list is short

Full stainless kaikmoto exhaust
Hks ssqv
Trd shocks.springs
toms alloys

The car has covered 103000km and i bought it from wrc car sales six months ago as a fresh import.

Car is in pretty good nick, bar the odd stone chip.

Any ideas on what i should put her up as, if i decide to?

cheers guys

p.s looking at going 4 wheel drive if i get a good quote from sky

xxjack189

Member +
are you serious? over the pond here(ireland) you would would be lucky to get 3500 EURO for that, not dissin your car or nothing but i paid out 5500 for my glanza about 5 months ago and now i see similar ones goin for about 4k, its sickening, just wondering what the car market is like over there, i see standard glanza's over here ie dump valve, boost gauge, aftermarket exhaust rims, induction kit,for around 2500 euro its crazy.

easty-5

Member +
are you serious? over the pond here(ireland) you would would be lucky to get 3500 EURO for that, not dissin your car or nothing but i paid out 5500 for my glanza about 5 months ago and now i see similar ones goin for about 4k, its sickening, just wondering what the car market is like over there, i see standard glanza's over here ie dump valve, boost gauge, aftermarket exhaust rims, induction kit,for around 2500 euro its crazy.

That's because your in a different country using different currency. People are different over there along with the current economy. There is still a lot of disposable income over here, people are just less willing to part with it. At the moment the car market is a buyers market, it always has been. A car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

Is it just me or are GT's and Glanza's going up in price?

I think they are beginning to even out. About a year ago they were over-priced, 2-3months ago they were going for silly cheap and now they are starting to sell for a sensible price again.

ady_glanza

Member +
Is it just me or are GT's and Glanza's going up in price?

hi mate
its true in a sense especially with traders who are importing them new, it costs them more due to the poor exchange rate between the £ and the Yen and therefore they are pricing them higher in order to make some sort of profit.

CMR

Member +
Its a 98 spec, £4k+

You have to think YOU/WE control what price these sell for, traders still sell them for 4-5k (98 spec glanza's) For some reason (credit crunch) people didnt just reduce them, they sold starlets last year for stupid prices.. hence why people still think you can pickup an excellent car for 3k. They will hold their original price for more years to come because they will still be in demand.

As for the guy saying 3500 euro, dont take the piss..

cameroon95

Member +
cheers easty,cmr.

Iv been having a think, im gonna keep her. I really fancied getting some cash for an evo together.

But im gonna sell her to my little bro in a couple years when hes ready for a faster car, probably at a reduced price. But hey, i dont feel bad if its going to my bro , ya know?

Prob use the glanza as a mon-friday and have a scoob or sumthn for weekends.

Rumel786

Member +
sorry lol didnt see mileage, as above its hard to sell atm so prob will get around 4k, seen wrc have had the same glanza's and a starlet for a few months now but they're not pushing the price down.

H

hoochhenry

lucky to get 3500 for them glanzas now think every one looking for the ep82 shapes

easty-5

Member +
lucky to get 3500 for them glanzas now think every one looking for the ep82 shapes

Probably because Glanza's are harder to insure. As CMR said, its up to us starlet owners what they sell for. A well specced Glanza, lowish milage and good condition is worth £4k+ all day long compared to the current market.

Cameroon - If you fancy an EVO mate then now is the time to buy. Put the Glanza up for sale and see what kind of offers you get. After all, You can just say no and you have nothing to loose at the end of the day.

10 ft man

Member +
To be honest mate you will find it hard to get 4 in the current climate unless as others have said you can find some one willing to pay for it.