whos running a blitz k1??

boost abuse

Member +
hey all,
just wondering whos running a blitz k1 on here, and what kind of bhp are you putting out with what mods ? i've been looking for info on them but can't seem to find much

cheers

Dave.

Member +
hubbygt on here has one.

Its an awesome setup, spools incredibly and delivers and EXCELLENT torque figure to match the response, the figure might not be very high, but don't let it fool you...

His should be 200bhp when the manifold is fitted, running 1.1 bar with the expected mods - FMIC, full exhaust, management and so on...

It'll scare a *LOT* of higher power starlets though, given its power delivery, without a doubt

Dave

stedee

Member +
ive got one - nananana - tell you whats its running on wednesday after a remap, ive heard they can run 1.2 bar safely infact that is blitz recommendation
me i `ll be playing it safe 1 or 1.1 bar , i`m expecting 200 ish

thomllee1981

Member +
they are similar to running a hybrid mate good luck trying to find one and if you do that it doesnt need a rebuild (cost circ £400)

boost abuse

Member +
ive got one - nananana - tell you whats its running on wednesday after a remap, ive heard they can run 1.2 bar safely infact that is blitz recommendation
me i `ll be playing it safe 1 or 1.1 bar , i`m expecting 200 ish

yeh they can cope with 1.2 bar but from my experience it'll drop off higher in the revs, can hold 1 bar all day long though. cheers for the info, i'm actually running one atm was just wondering what everyone else is putting out...
i've got 190bhp and 186.1 lbft torque with a jam mani (i think, was never told so could be a blitz cast iron jobby), blitz access ecu for the k1 piggybacked with a hks f-con gold, blitz front mount, apexi exhaust and the rest of the usual stuff.

Mart

Member +
Im the same as you mate. Im only running 0.6bar on mine at the moment as Im waiting to get her properly set-up on a rollin road but I'll be going to run a safe 1bar on mine, so hopefully I'll get around the same fiqure. :)

boost abuse

Member +
is that @ 1bar? impressive figures, must make a very nice car on the road! :)

was at 1.1 bar, blitz recommend 1 bar iirc and thats what the k1 specific access ecu comes premapped to. Just out of interted how much does these kits usually fetch, including mani, turbo, ecu etc.?

was at 1.1 bar, blitz recommend 1 bar iirc and thats what the k1 specific access ecu comes premapped to. Just out of interted how much does these kits usually fetch, including mani, turbo, ecu etc.?

Not too sure but are you thinking of selling the K1?? I would take the K1 if it was good condition.
Christy

boost abuse

Member +
Not too sure but are you thinking of selling the K1?? I would take the K1 if it was good condition.
Christy

yeah i'm thinking of selling it and going the td04 or t25 route. Its a really good setup with excellent response, but i'm aiming for 250+bhp and i really don't think its achievable with this turbo.

white-ep82

Member +
no it wouldnt be acheivable with a K1 or t25 (unless gt2554rs/gt2530). Is a great setup and the only one I would consider for my starlet other than a hybrid.

boost abuse

Member +
no it wouldnt be acheivable with a K1 or t25 (unless gt2554rs/gt2530). Is a great setup and the only one I would consider for my starlet other than a hybrid.

yeah i meant gt25r, although i would like some more info at what kinda rpm it hits full boost.

And if i am to sell up i'll be selling the whole kit unless i get buyers for everything. It'll be posted in the for sale section anyway guys...

aiki_joker

Member +
Ye realy good response at low revs, tails off at higher revs. You will easy know the blitz cast downpipe it has blitz on it :) I was running 1.2 bar with around 217whp with this setup:

Blitz FMIC; Blitz K1 Turbo; BRS Manifold; Blitz Decat Downpipe; Blitz Nurspec-R Exhaust; Magencore 8mm Leads; Blitz Superspound BOV; GReddy Trust Induction Kit; Full Ogura ORC Clutch (including Lightened Flywheel); Karz 1.5 LSD; GReddy Emanage; GReddy Profec e-01 Boost Controller; GReddy Filter Relocation Kit; Oil Cooler; Zep Radiator alloy rad.

boost abuse

Member +
Ye realy good response at low revs, tails off at higher revs. You will easy know the blitz cast downpipe it has blitz on it :) I was running 1.2 bar with around 217whp with this setup:

Blitz FMIC; Blitz K1 Turbo; BRS Manifold; Blitz Decat Downpipe; Blitz Nurspec-R Exhaust; Magencore 8mm Leads; Blitz Superspound BOV; GReddy Trust Induction Kit; Full Ogura ORC Clutch (including Lightened Flywheel); Karz 1.5 LSD; GReddy Emanage; GReddy Profec e-01 Boost Controller; GReddy Filter Relocation Kit; Oil Cooler; Zep Radiator alloy rad.

217 at the wheels ?? whats it putting out at the fly? shit if i could achieve that i'd be happy enough lol

aiki_joker

Member +
God knows presume 230 odd, it has an upgraded fuel pump as well don't know the name of it tho so not on my spec list, the injectors are std a think :)

I've done abit to it since I got it but most of the time it has been off the road, have to do things slowly I'm usually skint :) It was the showcase for a guy's business in Dewsbury, got it bout two yrs ago, engine was cleaned an re-built now has 50k km on it. Am goin for a diagnostics/remap on Sat, I crashed it a yr ago and have just rebuilt it, it's not holding steady upto a bar, reckon its leaking at the tubby. Once i get this sorted I have plans for a K26 5e (prob take me another year to save the cash !! :( There are pics on the Aberdeen starlet meet thread mines the livesports EP82 :)

Will be on here with my BHP after next wk :)

Dane_Bristol

Member +
I was running 1.2 bar with around 217whp with this setup:

Hmm that’s around 250 bhp atf given 15% transmission loss are you sure mate? 217 WHP seems an awful lot for a K1?

Fair play if it is would like to see the graph for it always good to see and collate different graphs to see peak results etc?