wierd priming noise when hard breaking

Rallye Rye

Member +
hey there,
i have noticed on my glanza that when i need to brake hard, the brake pedal will operate and make and "durrr" droning noise like the fuel pump is priming. this only happens when i brake quite hard, it feels like the pedal hits something behind it and sets off the droning sound, now i have had a look and cannot figure out what it is.
the car is fine any other time apart from under hard breaking.

help guys.......

rye

Rallye Rye

Member +
no it aint warped disks,.
hard to explain the noise, like when you brake hard and go over a bump it feels like the pedal hits something causing this priming noise (sounds like a fuel pump priming) it only lasts for like half a second but it needs sorting

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Its just the abs mate, I finally found out mine works the other day and the pedal was kicking back like a mule! It doesn't feel nice...

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I would get a whirrrr noise under extremely heavy braking, but is that not just the noise of the pads crying their poor wee hearts out?

Rallye Rye

Member +
nah mate, it defo sound electrical for some reason, the pads have shit load of meat on them, as does the disks. weird as fook

easty-5

Member +
Its just the abs mate, I finally found out mine works the other day and the pedal was kicking back like a mule! It doesn't feel nice...

Likewise dude - just felt like a juddery pedal. didn't like it too much. Felt as if the brakes were gonna let go a any minute.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
its just your abs pump making noise thats all i'd amagine.
probably about 2 shit itself as it shouldnt really sound that loud but thats the only thing that i can think of

Jay

Admin
First things first. Do you have ABS?

If so the chances are it's either the ABS pump, relay or control unit in operation.

Jay

stedee

Member +
does anyone actually like abs - i think its shit, it was on my pulsar, the one day iwas going down a steephill in the snow and it wouldnt bloody brake at all, i had to use the handbrake and nearly hit a bus going sidewards down the hill, i disconnected after that and swore to get fully comp insurance next time.

Jay

Admin
does anyone actually like abs - i think its shit, it was on my pulsar, the one day iwas going down a steephill in the snow and it wouldnt bloody brake at all, i had to use the handbrake and nearly hit a bus going sidewards down the hill, i disconnected after that and swore to get fully comp insurance next time.

ABS is for girls. ;)