xbox-- pc screen

danb87

South East England Area Rep
is it possible too hook my xbox up too my hd 23" monitior thats on my desktop computer?

always wondered if its possible.

anyone know?

lingl9z

Member +
does it have VGA, DVI, or HDMI on the back of the screen? you can get a converter for the above to HDMI if you don't have a port on your Screen and set it up like that

danb87

does it have VGA, DVI, or HDMI on the back of the screen? you can get a converter for the above to HDMI if you don't have a port on your Screen and set it up like that

i have no idea mate, iv just taken a picture of the 2 ports.

just uploading it for you too see. 2 mins

danb87

31072010283.jpg
[/IMG]

these are the only 2 ports on the back of the screen dude

lingl9z

Member +
the DVI in theory should support 1080.... depends on the quality of your monitor I guess, I have a full HD Philips monitor but it has a HDMI port on the back and the quality is much better than my Full HD LCD TV :)

danb87

the DVI in theory should support 1080.... depends on the quality of your monitor I guess, I have a full HD Philips monitor but it has a HDMI port on the back and the quality is much better than my Full HD LCD TV :)

my screen is a hp 2310i model, it supports hd but doesn have a port :confused:. but it does on the tower of the comp. but i cudn figue out ho too conect the xbox too it

danb87

right i ordered that one off ebay dude, so that when plugged into xbox an into screen shud automatically pick the signal of the xbox up yea?

pig666eon

Member +
dont order them cables!!!! only unless your screen is hdcp compliant the cables wont work man ive been going over this for months trying to hook up a projector and the cables are useless you need a converter box

you can buy a xbox to vga but buy it from xbox it cost me 25 euro and spent more than that fucking around

pig666eon

Member +

pig666eon

Member +
god now im confused! :confused:

here man have a quick read of this

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/310199

to answer you question yes you can hook up your xbox to a pc screen i have done it but only with a original xbox vga cable i have bought cables ect all useless

and i wasnt going to spend 70-80 quid on a converter box

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-new-box...ssories_JN&hash=item3caf67839e#ht_1087wt_1137

ending soon if you can snap it up buy xbox you dont want the hassle man best quality cable by far and i got them all pay the extra few quid its worth it in the end