(ZEP ECU!) Going for RR soon, what do we think i'll get?

milloman

Member +
Ok so i'm going to book it in for a RR in the next week or so... what do you think i'll achieve with this? I know a few people are interested to see how this ZEP ecu will perform!

EP91 with mods below...

ZEP ECU (map was prepared for 1bar of boost)
TD04 Turbo @ 1bar
WEPR Manifold (heat wrapped)
WEPR Downpipe (heat wrapped)
Warlboro Fuel Pump
330cc Injectors
Sard RRFPR
FMIC
HKS Induction Kit
Buddyclub Spec 2 Exhaust
Engine rebuilt fairly recently too...

I'm really interested to see what the ZEP ecu will achieve on this setup!

My guess will be somewhere around the 220bhp mark, +/- 5bhp?

(ps. apologies if the garage can't do it for a few weeks, i'll know asap and let you all know!)

Chris@CCM

Member +
sorry but i hate preprgamed ecus lol it will be rich on idle and cruising any ways for the money they cost u could have a emu or v ner it.

Ted

Member +
my last afr was 11.5 on a jam ecu , std injectors and fuel pump. td04 at a bar. i know what you mean about these ecus chris , they arent the way forward but when we get the track car on turbo power i can just bring mine down on the day and plug it in. true plug and play!

milloman

Member +
Yeah hopefully when I take it there they'll come to a conclusion from what they find as to what's best for it. Anyway, power estimates once it's all done?

milloman

Member +
haha good idea! I wonder if it's acceptable to say: place all bets in, then when i get the results, the winner (or closest) gets rep! :D lol

EDIT: Of course i'll have RR printout to show!

UPDATE: Going down to speak to them about it tomorrow, so whenever they have a free slot they'll do it!

Last edited:

Ted

Member +
worth mentioning that most aftermarket preprogrammed ecus are set to run on std fuel pressure with std injectors.

milloman

Member +
Thanks for all the advice on the RRFPR guys, i'd no idea it was not needed when i put the ECU in, cheers! :)

Keep the bhp guesses comin, lol @ ryan_v, care to be a bit more specific? ;-)

** before the engine was rebuilt, and before i had the ECU, it was pushin 190bhp at 0.8 bar ** - dunno if that constitutes as a hint or not really, but 190@0.8... i'd hope for more than 10bhp by upping it by .2bar? could be totally effin wrong though!! lol

CMR

Member +
Well the injectors shouldnt be a problem with the ecu but they might be, but the rrfpr will def confuse it. Unless you set the rrfpr to slightly under stock pressure and see how the afr is.

I'd just recommend just putting standard injectors (they wont be maxed) and stock fpr tbh.

If you did that, id say about 210-215

milloman

Member +
Cheers guys :) is this something which they'll pick up when they do the a/f ratio? (i mean, when i take it to them as it is now) - then i'm guessin they'll tell me that its runnin way too rich and i'd need to do x,y,z to get it sorted? (well earned rep added for your help :) )