3 Headgaskets in a month - what am I doing wrong???

J25GTi

Lifer
[/QUOTE] My car is pulling strong till this day. The compression in that cylinder is 160psi and not 70psi anymore. So guess what jack, my home repair job is better than a engine removal or replacement that would have costed me thousands. Dont get mad at me cos you had to remove your engine for a rebuild, unlike me. Why do (un-necessary work), like buying a new engine or rebuild engine, when you can just repair what is needed. I did just that and my engine is in 100% running order.

You need more faith in what you do, just dont be afraid to fix what is only required. For me it was just 1 broken piston. So all i did was remove head, remove piston, new piston in, head back on and wallaa. I did a comprehensive engine fixup with engine still inside. The piston rings were fine, if they wearnt, do you think i would have driven the car if they were damaged, NO.

If anyone wants to know the full story, go to youtube profile TheStarletGT and watch the vids.[/quote]

Douche baggggg... You really are a tool. You need to learn how to;

Respect
Talk sense
How to build engines
Maths

The list goes on...

durmz

Member +
hahaha shut it paul, im just an internet troll, I have nothing better to do atm lol, been off for two weeks with a fucked knee! haha

350ep70gr

Member +
My car is pulling strong till this day. The compression in that cylinder is 160psi and not 70psi anymore. So guess what jack, my home repair job is better than a engine removal or replacement that would have costed me thousands. Dont get mad at me cos you had to remove your engine for a rebuild, unlike me. Why do (un-necessary work), like buying a new engine or rebuild engine, when you can just repair what is needed. I did just that and my engine is in 100% running order.

You need more faith in what you do, just dont be afraid to fix what is only required. For me it was just 1 broken piston. So all i did was remove head, remove piston, new piston in, head back on and wallaa. I did a comprehensive engine fixup with engine still inside. The piston rings were fine, if they wearnt, do you think i would have driven the car if they were damaged, NO.

If anyone wants to know the full story, go to youtube profile TheStarletGT and watch the vids.

@ TheStarletGTFAIL: Last time i reply to you..it is just the same to speak with my grandmother...(maybe my grandmother knows a bit more than you about engines tho...at least she is willing to listen and lern..)
You said your car is pulling strong till this day...i will be surprised if it achives standard bhp on the rollers...Get a recent printout to teach us all ''Jack''...!!!
You said the compression in that cylinder is 160psi and not 70psi anymore. Do you know that standard comp is at about 185 psi? So you open an engine..you replace what you replace and the result is low comp.Mine with low comp pistons has 170 ''jack""...So you open an engine and still missing 20-25 psi...""Jack""
You said..your home repair job is better than a engine removal or replacement that would have costed me thousands.. I say you fart on it and nothing more..this isnt a proper job...not even close to a mid prober fix.."jack" . Cost you next to nothing cause you did next to nothing..''Jack"
You said..Why do (un-necessary work), like buying a new engine or rebuild engine, when you can just repair what is needed..I say you dont have a clue what is neccecary and what it isnt. You dont have a clue to jag what is needed. I could explain it with technical terms but most probably it will be like speaking Japanese to you...''Jack". And dont use the rebuilt word as you dont have a clue what it means..or how need to be done.."Jack"
You said...you did just that and you engine is in 100% running order. I say 100% means 136bhp and last 15 years at stock boost. I very much dout for your power and if it will last this time."jack"

I have faith to what i am doing and have nothing to proove to you or anybody else...My faith tho..goes hand to hand with my knowlege and logic (you miss them both)..and for sure i dont do cheap temporary and low quality fixes like you.."Jack"
For you it was a broken piston...cause you were so stupid ..so the engine deside to give you the piston on hand.."Jack". This is a proof that you dont have a clue generaly...if you had you will have prevent that from happening...."Jack". I am also sure someone else find out it was a broken piston prob..you may think it was a carburator prob..LOL.."Jack"
I would be no surprised at all if you had use same head gasket , same head bolts,same oils,and same coolant (if you use any)..LOL.."Jack"
You said..piston rings were fine...I say it is like i speak to my ass...''Jack''. Piston ring are damage even if you take them out at 100km after the first startup. It isnt something you can see by eye..it is all about the tension of the metal itshelf after it has warm up and cooled down several time.."Jack" Also all the tiny chips from the broken ringlands where did they go? Upside?or dissapeared without touching the rings at all? They are tiny scratches that some times you cant even see but its there and cause a leak like the one you have..185 psi- 160 psi (wich i dout you have)= 25psi missing from just one cylinder.."Jack"
I will not speak about relaping valves,mesuring the bores,mesuring the ring end gap,ring to ringland clearence etc cause you would watch me like i am from Mars "Jack"

If i was going to know the full story i would go to my local scrap yard and watch you real time... " BIG JACK"
Consider next year to go and work for Ferrari F1 Team..it has a job there for you...Cleaning the toilets..and dry Alonso dick when he piss to your "rebuilt engine"..

Anyway if you have something personal to me pm me and tell me about it...but stop ruing this and other threads because people try to source advice to problems they facing.
If you want to learn some basics..just watch and read carefully the treads around..starting form the "HOW TO OPEN THE HOOD THREAD".
Stop giving advise to people cause some of the members dont know much about engines..and may follow your stupid and lack of engineearing advice wich will lead them straight to a dissaster.
End of here... .- "Jack"

I apologize to other members for my attitude..This isnt the reall Chris.

Chris

My car is pulling strong till this day. The compression in that cylinder is 160psi and not 70psi anymore. So guess what jack, my home repair job is better than a engine removal or replacement that would have costed me thousands. Dont get mad at me cos you had to remove your engine for a rebuild, unlike me. Why do (un-necessary work), like buying a new engine or rebuild engine, when you can just repair what is needed. I did just that and my engine is in 100% running order.

If anyone wants to know the full story, go to youtube profile TheStarletGT and watch the vids.

didnt know many people on here remove there engine to rebuild it just because the headgasket has gone!!!! think your find they remove it to do a REBUILD from top to bottom not just the top lol

TheStarletGT

Member +
Just a recap for those that dont know of my Starlet GT history.

1: I bought the car already with a dropped compression cylinder.

2: New piston, headgasket, timing belt, tensioner pulley (Genuine Toyota items), various sealants/sandpaper/sprays, TOTAL PARTS: $450

So you see, at the time, i considered buying a complete 2nd hand engine or complete front cut just to get my car on the road. I looked at ebay and could have bought a front cut for $1600, or engine at $1300. Why would i spend that much just for a piston. Why should i buy a 2nd hand engine where it would be in an unknown condition and prone to easy failure. If i were to spend $1600, i would choose to get an engine rebuilt. I can get my engine rebuilt for $800, mates rates.

I rather spend $1600 on a fully rebuilt engine than a 2 hand engine. But Noooooooooooooooooooo.

I got my car back to its full glory for less than $500. Its an animal on the road, TD04L power.

whiteglanzav

Member +

2: New piston, headgasket, timing belt, tensioner pulley (Genuine Toyota items), various sealants/sandpaper/sprays, TOTAL PARTS: $450

So you see, at the time, i considered buying a complete 2nd hand engine or complete front cut just to get my car on the road. I looked at ebay and could have bought a front cut for $1600, or engine at $1300. Why would i spend that much just for a piston. Why should i buy a 2nd hand engine where it would be in an unknown condition and prone to easy failure. If i were to spend $1600, i would choose to get an engine rebuilt. I can get my engine rebuilt for $800, mates rates.

I rather spend $1600 on a fully rebuilt engine than a 2 hand engine. But Noooooooooooooooooooo.

I got my car back to its full glory for less than $500. Its an animal on the road, TD04L power.

no 1 cares

x3 dont think know one cares kid, buying a second hand engine does not cost that and as i said before i dont no any one on here that buys a new engine just becuase there headgasket goes, mate td04s been done many years ago youve got nuffin specail only thing youve got special is lower compression then what you should have LMAO

corofin12345

Member +

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

weeJohn

Lifer
Take it easy on him, he has done us all a favour.

We all know not to listen to him after the crap he has posted here, it took about 2 months to sus out Cal lol.