TGTT.com's Very Own Trackday - Sponsored by Tuning Developments!

Which month is better for track day?

• Feb?

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • March?

Votes: 70 94.6%

• Total voters

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Not yet, I've emailed and called, left a meesage and the lady who put me through assured me he'll get back to me.

weakboy2

Member +
whats all this 4x 30 min sessions?? the coombe days are 9-5. you just go out when ever there is a gap?

i think 48 cars at £160 is a pretty reasonable price!! if we get ppl to pay well in advance then i think we would fill it easy :)

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
How come everyone has a problem with £160 for a FULL DAY? very few other tracks would offer track days at that price and its gonna be a full day to meet new people, but for whoever's idea was to invite MLR im up for bullying the Evo's :)

Was fun at japfest so might as well do it again :gt-smilie:

~Nick @ Tuning Developments

Starlet_Sam

How come everyone has a problem with £160 for a FULL DAY? very few other tracks would offer track days at that price and its gonna be a full day to meet new people, but for whoever's idea was to invite MLR im up for bullying the Evo's :)

Was fun at japfest so might as well do it again :gt-smilie:

~Nick @ Tuning Developments

It's more the amount of time we get for that, at a different track we can actually get a full day where as at Combe we are limited. I want to get as good value for money I can. I'm working on it.

Starlet_Sam

Of course, it's more of a club thing then a car thing. I'll be in an MX5, so will Elaine.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i'm sure the starlet will be ready....

... right up until a few weeks before the event and it'll shit itself, as per....

if only you still had your volvo, it'd been epic, hehe (get another ;) )

Monkfish

Member +
arial_view_circuit.jpg

Nice fast track perhaps?

i believe Monkfish has personal experience of the track, might be worth getting his input on it.

I do indeed have experience of that track. If is often regarded as a shit track because it is used for bikes. Not the case. If you've not done a trackday before, or have little experience with one, it's excellent fun.

Start/finish straight is the one along the top, which leads into 'Bus Stop', the left/right/right/left/ complex. It looks easy, but it is difficult to master. Fuck the first corner up (Assuming you don't bail into the 'oh shit' lane) and it ruins the lines for the following 3 corners, and even the sweeping right that follows. The back straight is a long one over a slight crest. When I took The Bitch round last, I was hitting 90+ before braking for the chicane. The last corner, known as 'Glue Pot', is a fast right hander leading into the start/finish straight, again hitting near 90mph before entering the Bus Stop once again.

It's a nice track to drive on. The only real downer is that it is quite heavy on the N/S/F tyre. The real advantage is how cheap the track is. It can often be half that of places like Donnington or Coombe. The sound limit is set to 105dB, but I'm fucked if I've ever seen a car tested there. ;)

The format for the day is usually two 15 minute session for each group (They usually split drivers up by experience, the novices in their own group, denoted with coloured bands) in turn, followed by an "open pit" format where up to 10 cars are allowed out at once.

In short, it's a fun track. It's easy if you want it to be, or a challenge if you're pushing to squeeze time off your lap. The staff there are excellent and very helpful (being car/bike nuts themselves). There is also a go-kart track next door should you fancy a thrash round there. If you have any questions about Llandow, I'll be happy to answer. I can also do the photography there, as I have done several times before. ;)

Fuck me, I should be a rep or something. :homer: