whats your opinion?

bens ep-82

Member +
Ok before i start i have not long been a registerd user and im not setting out to cause an arguement or upset anyone.
The thing is since i have registerd i have bought a fair amount of parts from here (fmic, indicators, mani, decat, alk, etc etc. ) most of which have been problem free (a few were slow to post) apart from 1, a set of leads.
( im not going to name names at this stage but i will if i have to ) which i bought almost a month ago to this day which i have still not recived.
Now this is where it gets complecated, i used paypal to pay for them but once i had sent the payment i had a quick look at my account summery and noticed that the payment i had just sent was to the same email address as the ALK which i bought the day before but i had bought them from 2 differnt people. I was a little concerned (thought maybe i had sent it to the rong person) sent a pm to one of them who told me the person i bought the leads off owed the person i bought the ALK from money so rather than send the money backwards and fowerds i had sent it straight to him. this was fine until now, when i need to get the money back. This means i have had to start a dispute with a person i didnt even get the item from to get my money back.

was this the right thing to do? i dont think i was left any choice as the seller has not been in contact with me after he told me he was going to sort it out and that was last week. Since then i have started the dispute the person whos paypal i sent the money to (ALK man for the minute) who has since sent me a pm saying that theres is no way he should give me the money back put himself out of pocket.

Have i done the right thing? i feel sorry for the guy i sent the payment as all he wanted was the money he was owed but now i have had to start a dispute with him over something that is out of his hands:(

gv1.3

Admin
he accepted the money from you and so he made himself part of this messed up transaction. He either needs to refund you or the other guy needs to send you the item.

You are not to blame for this situation. If this is not resolved both members will be banned from selling on here.

Jay

Admin
My first instinctive take on your dilemma is that it sounds incredibly suspect.. proceed with caution mate.

Keep everything strictly 'straight line' - you bought two items so you should have two SEPERATE agreements with two SEPERATE sellers. You pay the money and they send the part. You should not get caught up in a dispute that has nothing to do with you.

There should be no third party involved as they have nothing to do with the agreement.

I hope you get it sorted.

Jay

bens ep-82

Member +
My first instinctive take on your dilemma is that it sounds incredibly suspect.. proceed with caution mate.

Keep everything strictly 'straight line' - you bought two items so you should have two SEPERATE agreements with two SEPERATE sellers. You pay the money and they send the part. You should not get caught up in a dispute that has nothing to do with you.

There should be no third party involved as they have nothing to do with the agreement.

I hope you get it sorted.

Jay

Thanks for your advice mate. I dont think either of them are trying to rip me off or anything like that as they are fairly well known users and the first item (The ALK) was apart from the slow postage problem free. Its just the amount of time the guy has had to send the item is beyond a joke