1.3 automatic starlet turbo problem

gv1.3

Admin
you will need to give some more information. What else have you done apart from putting a ct9 on there?

djindiano

Member +
ok my gt engine blow up so coz i have another car i put the ct9 , manafold ,cat ,oil sump , oil filter , tm intercooler , hks ancuator on the automaic starlet and its fuel cutting everytime the boost kicks in ? im lost i dont no wat to do no more i tryed putting the ecu on it and it wouldent start and then i tryed the turbo map sensor and it wouldent acselorate oh and sorry i cant spell well lol do u have any idea ?

I would imagine that the non turbo and turbo ecu's are different so thats why it wouldn't work when you tried the turbo ecu and the reason it wouldn't work right with the non turbo ecu is because there is a turbo on it now and its running lean and hitting the fuel cut.

Even if you managed to get the turbo ecu to work (by changing the wiring) it will blow up the engine because it wasn't meant to be boosted. The compression is too high to run even stock boost (0.7 bar). Thats why the bolt on turbo kits and super charger kits for the Honda's run very low boost around 0.3 bar iirc

gv1.3

Admin
the turbo ecu monitors the air pressure and adds fuel etc to suit. As the ecu you are using is not expecting compressed air it will not be able to add the correct amount of fuel. I would be very careful if I were you and take the turbo off.

Jay

Admin
The obvious shortfall is the ECU. The non-turbo one just isn't going to be prepared for boost. The wiring is different so even if you chuck a turbo ECU in there it will still hit problems. To even attempt to get it to work properly I would need to see the car and it would take a lot of patience. I can't see you running much boost on those internals but it would be an interesting experiment.

Jay

djindiano

Member +
im sellin both cars the standerd starlet and parts off the gt turbo

and i am putting the starlet back the way it was and its driven grand never gave me probs

Last edited by a moderator: