1.4bar - TD04 - Standard Internals...?

Bullet00th

Member +
I've finally finished building my forged engine, but i've been wondering how far I can push my standard engine before it lets go....

Been talking to Nick @ Tuning Developments and explained what I want to do. We are both eager to see how far we can take it.

Will be running a TD04L, Emanage Ultimate with all supporting mods.

What are peoples thoughts on this ? Whats the highest recorded Dyno for a 4EFTE on standard internals ?

Matt

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
cant wait coz im to cheap to go forged and want to see how far i can go roughly with my standard engine ha ha

madman

Member +
spuddy ran 1.35 bar iirrc wit a 1.4mm h/g i think it was and had no problem's and he will tell ya he never drove her easy either

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
kaboom.jpg

hehe, hopefully not eh?

richglanzav

Member +
sure there was some dude in jamaica with well over 300bhp on a stock internal 5efhe. know it aint a 4e but still shows toyota engines can take a lot

ryanjfo

Member +
I've finally finished building my forged engine, but i've been wondering how far I can push my standard engine before it lets go....

Been talking to Nick @ Tuning Developments and explained what I want to do. We are both eager to see how far we can take it.

Will be running a TD04L, Emanage Ultimate with all supporting mods.

What are peoples thoughts on this ? Whats the highest recorded Dyno for a 4EFTE on standard internals ?

Matt

i guess its just how long u want it to last ..higher hp the more likely its going to break...u could prpbably run big hp and it last a few days or sumthing a bit safer and last for 5 years +...

h3ppy

Member +
i think its just your luck and how good the tune is. my mates bottom end went at 1.1 bar!!

you could just run it crazy on the rollers to get the big figures so you hold the crown for the most power on standard internals:haha::haha:

nexia201

Member +
*** Sits back and waits for the Maltese to wander in :p ***

well some of the maltese you are talking of wouldnt be saying anything as they like to keep everything top secret (i know its stupid but its like that) as if someone would be stealing something from them if they said what boost they are running (real boost i mean not be running 30 psi and say oh im only running 18psi ):slap:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I ran 1.35 bar for a few months with 2 or 3 1/4 mile days thrown in there with no issues, only thing non standard in her was the Cruise 1.4mm head gasket.

Car went really well, unfortunatly on the dyno she only boosted 1.22 bar, so shoulda got a nicer reading than I did.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
mine was boosting 1.4 bar (20psi) for sometime.. i didnt notice apart from the performace... then i saw 20psi and put it back down to 15... i did a comp test like 3 weeks ago and it was still on 12bar on all cylinders... but probably wouldnt last long if it is driven everyday at that boost! who knows... we got to try :)