11.7 @ 121mph

-Harry-

Member +
Hey, just got back from jamboree.

Was one hell of a hot day. I ran in qualifying wtih 48 degree track temp.

12.2 @ 118mph
11.7 @ 121mph
11.8 @ 121mph

Then came competition time, I dialed in an 11.9 to give my self some room but somehow ended up against zuboo who dialed in a 12.5 and took the win after I borke out by 8 one hundredths of a second (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) So that was it and I was eliminated but I finally managed to break into the 11's. Just need a cold night now to go even faster.

Congratulations to zuboo also who went on to win the event and gardi for setting a new pb becoming the 2nd fastest swift in oz.

PICS

New CF bonnet.
dsc00021zg0.jpg

Launched a bit too hard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
dsc00024rr2.jpg

The slip
dsc00025xi3.jpg

The engine
aaaaed1.jpg

Most people might know me off the old forums as Harry000. Ive been building thisw car for the past year. Its a 5efte with 270hp atw on 16psi and stock cams. New cams should hopefully go in this week and we can up the boost a little:rockon:

Ive also just bought another 94 GT as my daily driver thats bog stock.

Cheers

Harry

Cheers

Harry

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
that is bloody impressive.....

is that with no nitrous??

you must be gripping like mad off the line! Was that on Slicks too?

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
man i'd love to run on full slicks lol.....

might have to buy a pair :D

well done mate, you got a fast motor!

-Harry-

Member +
Yeh running MT 22x15x8 slicks. Best 60 ft is 1.85 with them. The problem is their on 6inch rims which pull them in too much. I was running 1.70 60 fts with my old MT 20x14x8 slicks on 8inch wide rims, but because they were 20 inch high I was coming on the limiter in 4th so needed to go bigger.

Im thinking about running a shorter diff ratio and running 24inch slicks for more grip.

And yes this was with a 20hp shot of gas. You can probably see my dodgey cable tied button on the steering wheel in the interior pic

Thanks for the kind words guys.

-Harry-

Member +
Not yet. Im looking at buying some toyo R888's soon. Im confident it should still runs 11's on street tires though. 9psi pressure and big burnouts allow the R888's to give consistant 1.8 60fts and even 1.7's.

goldenvtr

Member +
Cool, ive only ever run on street tyrs, Benj did have much luck with his r888's could beat a 2.2 60ft on them but he did mention clutch issues when trying to burnout.

Pumba_GT

Member +
Danny, I am afraid he is not from England! 48 degree track is not anywhere UK weather. I think he mentioned OZ?