15" Slick Tyres

Scoob paul

Fresh Recruit
Looking a set of slick tyres or semi slicks in either 195/50/15 or 205/50/15 let me know what you have??

Thanks Paul

Scoob paul

Fresh Recruit
Mcleod- Too pricey to post to N Ireland mate.

Smythy- What you got??

Turbojim- Used is dead on as the corolla just eat's tyre's in one trackday.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
R888 are semi slicks not slicks what do you want? Road legal, non road legal? We sell Micky T's and Hooiser full racing drag slicks but again have to be posted to Ireland.

Scoob paul

Fresh Recruit
The car eat's the sidewall on all the tyres around kirkiston track, I know what R888's are i'm lookin a heap of tyre's as we need so many off them during the year, Had federal 585RS's I think you call them? peeled the sidewall in half a session the R888 is softer from what i hear??

Last edited:

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Yok a058r is better than the 888 for DRY track conditions, much harder side walls.

A048-R.jpg

I use 888 semi slicks all round the year for road driving and would only use them on the track if it was damp, if wet I would use a full wet weather tire. What size are you using? Try stretching and not using such a tall side wall lower the profile a little.

These are not "true" racing slicks these are road legal SEMI slicks, do you want track only FULL racing slicks like these:

9920500.jpg

Which one massive difference!!! :)

T

Gord R

Member +
I have a contact who i get used slicks/ tarmac rally tyres from. Always had good success with them.

Do you want me to speak to him.

fastglanza

Member +
if your car is eating the sidewalls..wat's that got to do with the tire? u need to sort ur suspension out..that's called rolling from the vague info u gave

turbojim

Lifer
tyres

my friend got me a set of 15s slicks they are used tho and he said he can get more if i want they are pretty wore but are cheap aswell if your interested let me no

Scoob paul

Fresh Recruit
if your car is eating the sidewalls..wat's that got to do with the tire? u need to sort ur suspension out..that's called rolling from the vague info u gave

Kirkiston track is 90% right hand corners mate and being the fastest track in Ireland the passenger tyre sidewall dosen't have a chance. If you make the car harder will it not make the problem worse?

Turbojim- you have pm

Tody@toy- What sorta money is the hooser tyre's? The car is purely a track car she'll never see the road again lol

Gord R- What price were they mate? i'd be intrested in both the rally tyre's and slicks, send me a pm if you prefare.

Cheers again lads for the help

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
Paul we ran bridgestone potenza racing semi slicks last year on our Corolla, its a AE111, dont know if yours is the same or not, with a 1.5 in it???? We ran about 5 days at Kirkiston last year, it is hard on the outside front left, we just kept rotating the wheels.

The difference was unreal in grip, but the outer edges took a beating even with the pressures down a bit, and the side walls were like a brick on them.

What Toby says about stretching them is the answer I think, he means to put a 155 tyre on where a 175 would be the best fit, the tyre then rolls flat instead of onto an edge then.

We have a set of second hand Yoko racing semi slicks on the front this year for the start, will see how they go, but I cant see us going back to road tyres, even worn out slicks are better for grip!!

Scoob paul

Fresh Recruit
Yeah mate thats us with the 1.5. Yeah we know all about road tyre's eagle F1's brand new were 3/4 bald by lunch time she just peeled them like a orange, best tyre's we had were potenza road tyre's re050's they lasted 2 track days.

We've got 2 michelin slicks for starting this year but we'll need more. Streching the tyre will that not affect grip as the tyre won't be on as much tarmac? thinking of a little negative camber but that'll be deadly on the straight.

Last edited: