16" wheels Yes or no

Chi

Member +
Hi eveyone.

Got a couple of Q's
I am thinking in buying a set of 16's inovit ST VI's alloy wheels for my civic but I may use it on the starlet instead...... They are only cheap cos someone is selling them as he dislikes them.

What do you think?? should I stay with 15's or go 16's?? personlly I will stay with 15's cos they are the best size IMO but my wheels just look so rubbish!!! it will look better with 16's cos they look like the Rays Volks or look poo with my 15's....

I was thinking.... as now I am running about 210bhp I need more traction. so do you think the bigger size wheels will help?
Also, do you think it will badly effect the acceleration??

The tyres I have are 195/50/15s and the new ones are 200/45/16 so the ride hight will still be the same right??

Just need your opinions......

Adam_Glanza

Member +
you will get a tiny bit more traction as the wheels are wider and probably a bit heavier too,

depends on ride height but it might raise the car a bit

Chi

Member +
the car is lowered -40mm I think. well I lowered it and found out that the hight didnt change lol

How much will the hight go up??

scotty01

Member +
I have 16's on my GT and when lowered it looks a lot better than 15's but then thats my opinion,asking this question will get arguments for both sizes and probably some for 14's too!

Chi

Member +
Ok thanks people.
See I always thought people would think the lower the better and the smaller the wheel the better!! like all the civic boys wants 14 JDM wheels and go as low as you can.

Do you think my car will be ok with 16?? will it be too high?

heres a pic of it atm
002-1.jpg

029.jpg

Right no arguments everybody. just opinions......

Adam_Glanza

Member +
14-16" will be fine, depends on what you want, but small wheels cant fit big brakes under either so it limits what you can do, plus smaller wheels are generally thinner too so grip is sometimes less

Aga

Member +
i've had 16's for over two years now.. i'd say 15's with a GOOD tire for performance, 16's for better look. 15's can fit huge brakes if a good wheel is chosen. plus the tires are a lot cheaper too.

Deano

Banned
I got 16's a good mix between handling and performance 15's are too small and 17's are way too big and some look really stupid on starlets