170bhp

ali619

Member +
what mod's would be needed to achieve approx 170bhp from a stock glanza??? and how much would it roughly cost??, as that's the horse power i'd like to achieve when i do get my glanza.

any help would be greatly appricated

:ep91:

Chris@CCM

Member +
full exhaust
decat
airfliter
mbc
rrfpr
fmic
fcd
and a manifold would be nice that set up with out the manifold got my 173 hp once the manifold was added i got 186.8:)

Dempo

Member +
Full exhaust system, fmic, uprated ecu would be better than the fpr and fcd, adjustable actuator turned up to boost 1bar, mount filter off turbo and may need to invest in a better fuel pump.With all these you should see at the very least 170bhp.Not to mention all the other mods you would have to do.ie. braked and maybe clutch

ali619

Member +
i'd want to tune right so it wont cause any unnessary damage in the long and short run :),

and dempo yeah i kindof fingured i'd have to upgrade the brakes, clutch etc so it can handle the power right

any rough prices guys??? or how much have you spent and what horse power have u achieved

Chris@CCM

Member +
i'd want to tune right so it wont cause any unnessary damage in the long and short run :),

and dempo yeah i kindof fingured i'd have to upgrade the brakes, clutch etc so it can handle the power right

any rough prices guys??? or how much have you spent and what horse power have u achieved
u can get a v safe tune with a fpr and fcd just need to get it tuned and not just set it to what ppl say . all round on my car ive spent around 2500 but thats with tein coil overs wheels orc clutch and fly wheel ect ect my brakes r stock tho and there also not v good lol

ali619

Member +
this idea of me tunning my glanza (if i get one lol), i intend to do it over 2/3 years so i dont feel the financial pinch in all one go lol

is 170bhp reasonable or should i aim for less???

ali619

Member +
you will find that you will always want more power :p

lol, its like that :p, well i hope to build up a break horse power figure that i thinks reasonable. but saying that coming from a 2001 corsa c to a glanza would a a leap into the future :p

start wit suspension/handling mods and uprated brakes

then go for
-a full exhaust
-an after market air filter
-an adjustable actuator
-a boost gauge
-a manifold
-a decat
-air filter relocation kit
-front mount intercooler

then save and buy all these parts and fit them at the same time:
-fuel cut defender
-rising rate fuel pressure regulator
-adjust boost via adjustable actuator to 1 bar
-set up rrfpr on rolling road to match 1 bar of boost

you could also buy an apexi safc to sort out the fueling end of it a bit better but the above list should see you past 170bhp

ali619

Member +
start wit suspension/handling mods and uprated brakes

then go for
-a full exhaust
-an after market air filter
-an adjustable actuator
-a boost gauge
-a manifold
-a decat
-air filter relocation kit
-front mount intercooler

then save and buy all these parts and fit them at the same time:
-fuel cut defender
-rising rate fuel pressure regulator
-adjust boost via adjustable actuator to 1 bar
-set up rrfpr on rolling road to match 1 bar of boost

you could also buy an apexi safc to sort out the fueling end of it a bit better but the above list should see you past 170bhp

thanks, for that :). dont want to aim more that 170 :p, should give me a rough guide on what i need but i live in the same town as a gt/glanza guru, trevor from imports4u. so hopefully he can also lead me in the right direction and there's a good tunning garage which has a good reputation in dealing with jap cars, http://www.aiautosport.co.uk/home.html

as for suspension/handling mods would that include lowering, struct braces, anti-roll bar's etc??