1st car for my 17 year old brother

Gee

Member +
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone on here has a small, economical car for sale? Smallest litre possible, like 1 litre to help bring insurance costs down.

Something like Fiesta, Corsa, Pug etc.

We are based in West Yorkshire.

Obviously we are already looking, but at least we can probabaly trust the majority on here.

Thanks.

Gee

Member +
We are up for anything really mate.

Not much around at the garages here, only got a budget of about £2,000 thou. I should of mentioned.

Lots going privately, but as you know with private sales there are no come backs.

gv1.3

Admin
Id go for a bone stock private sale yaris off some granny. Id steer clear of any small hatches that are usually bought and tarted up as these may have been driven hard.

There aint much that will go wrong with a yaris or similar and if it does what you will have saved by buying privately will cover the expense of fixing it :)

GTdan

In The Closet
as dylan said, target the grannys.

my grans next door neighbour just sold a 1.4 52 almera for £1800, low mileage, nissan dealer history, for £1200.

jamesbaa

Member +
Iv got a peugout 205 1.1 litre for sale, it doesnt have any tax or MOT all it needs for MOT is New backbox and new windscreen due to bubbling, the car is in great condition for its age and best off all i only want £150 for it, If your intrested gee i could get pictures sent over!! Ow and im the 3rd owner from new not bad for a 19 year old car!!

dac69er

Super Moderator
n/a starlet is the only way. mine has been spot on for the 18months ive owned it. hasnt let me down yet and cost me £1100

Iv got a peugout 205 1.1 litre for sale, it doesnt have any tax or MOT all it needs for MOT is New backbox and new windscreen due to bubbling, the car is in great condition for its age and best off all i only want £150 for it, If your intrested gee i could get pictures sent over!! Ow and im the 3rd owner from new not bad for a 19 year old car!!

Sounds like a winner if your willing to put the time in!!

gv1.3

Admin
Id be careful with the N/A's ... I know in Ireland they are often driven like they are Glanza's by young lads and punished hard.

Go N/A if you can find a stock one that a granny drove :)

chimp

Member +
As soon as i have had the front springs replaced (showing signs of corrosion) I will have a 51 reg, 600cc Smart car for sale for around £2000