3 bar map sensor needed to run 1.2 bar?

churcherj

Member +
hopefully going for another map soon (im running and EMB) and wondered whether id need to fit the 3 bar map sensor or am i ok around 1.2 bar? is the map sensor easy to fit, any guides etc? reps given of course :)

thanks

Gryzor

Admin
It's recommended you use a 3 bar map sensor as its suppose to me more accurate than the stock sensor.

Same as connecting up a boost gauge.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
It's recommended you use a 3 bar map sensor as its suppose to me more accurate than the stock sensor.

Same as connecting up a boost gauge.

Spot on bud... its not essential to install for 1.2bar.. but its much more accurate than the oem sensor so its always best to have :)

kon

dac69er

Super Moderator
the stock sensor tends to read to just over 1.1bar. as with all sensors, when reading at the very high end of its scale it gets a bit innaccurate.

Chris@CCM

Member +
I would be more worried about over boosting if Ur map sensor is maxed and it's tuned for 1.2 if u get a spike to say 1.5 it's bye bye black bird

TO82

Member +
Not really as at least you can have a value for that amount of boost, whereas if the max value the EMS is seeing is 1.2 bar but the motor is seeing 1.5 it will obviously require more fuel to keep it safe, but will only give the fuel mapped for 1.2 bar. Doesn't have to be setup for 1.5 bar just have a value higher than that of 1.2 bar, which will keep it safe.

Fro

Member +
If I was to use an ecu with a bigger map sensor built in, like the magsquirt, would I still benefit from the 3bar one? Or would it be safe enough without it?

Chris@CCM

Member +
but that could happen with a 3 bar map sensor???

Say on a car I map for 1.2 bar once it gos past 1.3 I would dump in loads of fuel and pull lots of timing so it says as safe as it ca f it over boosts on ecus that let me I put in a fuel cut but If i can't due to the type of ecu this is what I do

dac69er

Super Moderator
yes, i was just stating that a 3 bar map sensor on its own isnt any safer.

i know what your saying though mate. allows you to tune perfectly up to the point the customer wants the boost to be at and then you can be safe after that point.

Chris@CCM

Member +
yes, i was just stating that a 3 bar map sensor on its own isnt any safer.

i know what your saying though mate. allows you to tune perfectly up to the point the customer wants the boost to be at and then you can be safe after that point.
Yup that's the one bud lots of tuners don't do this tho