460 maxing out

ashygt

Member +
does anyone kno what boost i can run on a td04 with 460 because im runnin 1.3 bar and nick said at 1.4 the 460 were maxing out.also what power do you rekon im running at 1.3 bar,gettin on rr soon like just curious.

thanks stu

Ted

Member +
i maxed out 370s on a td04 at 1.4 mate. 460s will go much further, mine are at 312hp at the moment

td04 at 1.4 powerwise depends on your compression, 260-280

sx_turbo

Lifer
i'm running sard 550's @3bar rail pressure, and there a 75% duty cycle on td04@1.6bar,

and it's not running rich, has afr's of 12.2-115

sx_turbo

Lifer
240@wheels

it's sach's hybrid thing BUT at whatever boost itcannot and will not run more power than a stock td04

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well if its of any help im in the same boat as you, with 1.6bar on the 18g, sard reg at 3bar fuel pressure on the 1987 fc3s 460cc injectors im maxing out at 7800rpms (by maxing out i mean really maxing out ie duty cycle is at 98~100%) i spoke to rc-engineering gave them my specs & they suggested iether 660 or 680cc injectors or upping the base fuel pressure to 72psi for the 1.9~2.2bar i wanna run.. which sucks :( this is on the emu btw

kon

KrissyB

Member +
I'm going to use 550's for mine and AZE used 550's for his @ 2.2 bar on his old TD05 setup and it was fine??????

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
I'm going to use 550's for mine and AZE used 550's for his @ 2.2 bar on his old TD05 setup and it was fine??????

maybe turbo or engine flow? i dunno every setup is different i guess.. for drag especially.. dont forget we live in a hotter climate which means we need to cool our cylinders more to keep them safe ;) (not to mention the crap petrol)

kon

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
im maxing out the 440's on my ep85, that's on a 5e with a hybrid td05, thats what the emu is telling us,

you sure there 460's mate, what fuel pressure he running it out, seen stock injector's run 250 bhp

KrissyB

Member +
maybe turbo or engine flow? i dunno every setup is different i guess.. for drag especially.. dont forget we live in a hotter climate which means we need to cool our cylinders more to keep them safe ;) (not to mention the crap petrol)

kon

That Kon is a very very valid point repped for that dude , didnt think of that ??

AZE had one big Td05 i dont know what his injector duty cycle was however???

Ted

Member +
base fuel pressure could be set too low i suppose, 460s should be good for a td04 up to its limit( probably blowing hot air past 1.7)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
would the hotter climate have anything to do with it .so if ya get your car tuned in winter you my need a remap in the summer:)