4EFTE injector colour

Harvey

Member +
Trying to work out a few oddities with my car at the moment (namely that since removing a HKS FCD and AFR that i did not know was there, it seems to be overfuling a touch) so want to eliminate the injectors first.

So whats the colour of standard injecors?

I did a search and only found one topic where Gee says they are light green.

Anymore info on this?

Cheers;

Harvey

tom_hunt

Member +
I asked this a few weeks back. I was told by a few members (one being Toby I thnk) that they are liek a dark greyish green.

Tom

Dave.

Member +
I was looking at some just a few days ago and thats how I'd describe them :)

They're a very pale green colour

Dave

kieran.s gt

Member +
found a picture of standard injectors
100_0267.jpg

Harvey

Member +
cheers guys a few peopl have said light green.

Mine appear to be just grey though, no hint of green.

I will look again tomorrow tho to double check.

Harvey

Member +
Yeah just had anothe rlook with the torch. They are grey but like the ones in pic so they have probably just faded!

So obviously have stock 295cc injectors so something else funny must be going on!

Cheers for the replies.

sx_turbo

Lifer
starlets do over fuel a bit as stock anyway, i beleive there usually in the 10:1 af or 11:1 a/f

if i remember rightly.

Harvey

Member +
Yeah well thjats where it goes, but very eratic!

This is the boost and fueling:

yvjqq9.jpg

There are several 'issues' here.

The fueling is dotted one, starts off ok, kjust under 13:1, then dramatically drops off to 10.5 then all over the place!!

Also full boost isnt hit til about 4k rpm, and tails off pretty rapid (and i have a HKS actuator)

that 100bhp is at the wheels, 124 at the fly.

I am wondering whether the hks actuator is damaged. I bought it 2nd hand, maybe previous owner has turned the arm and damaged diaphram....

Then obviously the fueling is all over the place. Last month i installed the emanage and found the HKS AFR and FCD in there. Removed these, fitted emanage. The emanage isnt doing anything apart from trimming the MAP sensor to 4.2v as it was hitting fuel cut!! Before i could quite comfortably get 400km to a tank, and now i struggle to exceed 360-370. Not a lot, but definitely a difference there!

Thats why i thought someone in japan might have done something funny to the car, ie theory 1 bigger injectors and the AFR was trimming them before!