aaaah! PLEASE HELP

silverGtstu.

Member +
right i need a clutch on pay day my gt is 200hp @ the fly, and i need a new clutch, nothing really savage in traffic, or above £230 any suggestions any help dudes, any one got one for sale or know a good place to get one quick.

GTdan

In The Closet
yes - from what i remember they are good for 250bhp i belive, and keep the standardish bite too.

Nwimie

Member +
well that clutch that i linked is rated for 265 torque 300 odd horses.

ive heard very good reports about them and will be buying one myself after having it recomended.!

rep... ;]

silverGtstu.

Member +
ta

how long do you think i wilk wait to get it? sorry for being a pest but am quite inpatient lol and really need a clutch am running a standard one just now at 197 hp lol,

Nwimie

Member +
is your clutch slipping? or completly gone.... ive been pushing 170 - 180bhp on standard clutch for 7-8 months :]

id expect a week or 2 for it to be delivered maybe sooner. read up on the site it will tell you :]

silverGtstu.

Member +
clutch

no not slipping but if you do the maths 200hp vs standard clutch = eh no! lol hope its less than two weeks i hate waiting for parts lol, thanks for all the info keep it coming guys !

Nwimie

Member +
no not slipping but if you do the maths 200hp vs standard clutch = eh no! lol hope its less than two weeks i hate waiting for parts lol, thanks for all the info keep it coming guys !

it may hold out for months...... i say why replace what isnt broken. 200bhp doesnt automatically mean your clutch is about to burn out.

so if the clutch isnt broken then it doesnt matter if you have to wait 2-3 weeks for an order ;]:homer:

silverGtstu.

Member +
hiya

look i have screwed down the boost etc, theres no way running 200 hp a standard clutch will last any length of harsh driving i think most ppl will agree. imagine 1.1bar in 5th gear the clutch is not gonna hol is it?

CMR

Member +
capclutch are currently out of plates and are awaiting shipment from japan.

Contact them if you want to confirm, but my order was cancelled because of it.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
look i have screwed down the boost etc, theres no way running 200 hp a standard clutch will last any length of harsh driving i think most ppl will agree. imagine 1.1bar in 5th gear the clutch is not gonna hol is it?

I'm pretty sure goldenvtr was running the standard clutch when he had has td04 installed and was over 200bhp.;)

gt-stu

Member +
ive had a standard clutch in my gt for near a year,running 190bhp,never slipped once,and it gets driven very hard,if it aint broke dont fix it,wait till it slips.

stuart

Member +
Although I wacked mine to 1 bar, 2 weeks later it started slipping, had served its 15 years time well lol!