Adjusting shiftercabling

Navi

Member +
Alright listen up, sometimes, when i drive in 1st gear and try to shift to 2nd, i push the clutch it wont come out of first just like the clutch doesnt work properly.
(it doesnt disconnect engine from gearbox fully) So it sticks in 1st.

I give it a slight throttle blip and it jumps out and i can shift to 2nd.

It happens rarely and only from 1st to 2nd. Usually when i drive abit longer in 1st, like coming from atraffic light, going up to 3000 rpm then shifting.

The clutch is a new uprated exedy, slave cylinder replaced, master cylinder replaced, bled clutch, shifter cables replaced. Clutch line replaced.

So all thats left is the gearbox itself, but guess what, i replaced that 2 days ago and it was fine for 2 days so i thought i finally had it, but just a while ago it did it again!! (and of course gearbox has new oil in it)

Not as bad as before, but still.

So cables cant be adjusted, how about the pedal itself, i know you can adjust that but its already extended out fully.

Other that that the car drives and shifts great, its just this thing..

Any ideas?

weeJohn

Lifer
Then if the box was changed I would check the cable connections at the shifter are popped on correctly.

Navi

Member +
Was the same before i replaced the box mate, its the reason why i replaced the box.

Cables are on correctly, everything works fine and shifts super smooth, except only this getting it out of 1st sometimes.
It doesnt declutch properly sometimes.

JayJ

Fresh Recruit
I'm having actually the same problem sometimes, but I'm not sure about the clutch I have, because it has been changed by previous owner. It would be nice to know the cause of problem, so could have it fixed without changing everything. :confused:

edit: I only know that it's 3-paddle sintered clutch...so with a high chance it's Exedy?

Last edited:

J25GTi

Lifer
Isnt this something to do with those sugar cubes on the linkage that need swapping round as they could be worn? or am i chatting shit? lol

Navi

Member +
No the cube only fixes a sloppy gearstick, mine feels fine and all shifts are good.

I have an Exedy organic stage1 clutch, so theres 2 options left, i will need to rebleed the system for any air in it and adjust the pedal. Or its just a factory mistake in the clutch or pressure plate itself.

Gonna try bleeding it soon.

JayJ

Fresh Recruit
Let me know, if the bleeding helps. Sometimes the gear locks when I brake and press clutch pedal at the same time, so might be air in the system?

abbott

Member +
i have got this problem to with my brothers car its driving me mad and alot of £££ has been spent so far :( let me know your outcome if you ever find it

Navi

Member +
Litteraly replaced EVERY clutch related part, and still not fixed, even now with another gearbox, new slave cylinder, etc.

Anyone ideas?

ryanerak

Member +
I had this problem, once it started i never sorted it no matter what i tried. Happened using an exedy organic & a spec 4 paddle. 3 gearboxes, new gear cables, new slave cyl. Only think i didnt swap was the master cylinder.

glv013

Fresh Recruit
Did you try to adjust the clutch paddle? If you adjust it to a higher position this will help you release the clutch from the pressure plate.