AEM wideband lambda guage fitting advice....

Mikeygtt

Member +
Hi guys,

Ive just bought an AEM wideband O2 sensor with AFR guage. Just wondering on a couple of things that im hoping someone who has installed one on an EP82 will be able to help with.

Firstly: The wiring harness has 4 wires, with the red, and black being a given. Im just wondering about the white wire and where to connect it/if to connect it?

Secondly: The position of the calibration switch in the back of the guage which at default is P0 - do i keep this at that setting or will i need to move it round?

I will be installing my SAFC 2 at the same time if this makes things different?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers

Mikey

Mikeygtt

Member +
Haha, i know, that what confused me after reading them - it only mentions that its optional! but my thinking is that it needs to go somewhere to the ecu, so the car is still getting a signal?

Cheers

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
if i remember right you only need to wire the red and black the others are for data logging.

when you get the boss welded in for the sensor get it done just behind the gearbox and at an angle so the sensor sticks out at an angle pointing up slightly. this is so that any moisture that gets on the sensor from in the exhaust system drains away from the sensor.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Your ecu can't read a wideband signal and I don't think thd AEM unit can provide a simulated narrowband signal, so tape it off and leave it. If you ever get a decent aftermarket you can hook it up to have a proper signal. For now you'll need to put the sensor further down the exhaust and keep your narrowband sensor for the ecu.

Fro

Member +
would it be best to mount the sensor at the bottom of the decat or at the start of the exhaust system? (just after the decat)

Fro

Member +
Think at the start of the exhaust is the generally done place.

Although I threw mine in the decat, because I'm rock.

You bad ass :rockon:

Think my decat is around 2.5" and iirc my exhaust is 2.25" (maybe 2"?) will there not be a collection of gas where the size changes and throw off the reading?

when you get the boss welded in for the sensor get it done just behind the gearbox and at an angle so the sensor sticks out at an angle pointing up slightly. this is so that any moisture that gets on the sensor from in the exhaust system drains away from the sensor.

as pc18 said

Mikeygtt

Member +
Cheers for the help lads, all fitted now, just the probe to chuck into the exhuast.

Think im gonna go for just behind the gearbox for easier access to it.

Mikey