AEM Wideband sensor location

Iceman

Member +
I am trying trying to find out the ideal place someone should put an AEM UEGO wideband sensor to get the ideal or most accurate reading when tuning? And the wideband will remain installed in the vehicle. Pictures would be nice also if available.

Thanks much in advance guyz

Iceman

Last edited:

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
The sensor has a built in heater so doesn't need to be near the turbo, in fact that'll be the way to kill it. You want it at least past the flexi in the exhaust system. I heard of a lot of people having it near the back box and wiring it up via grommets in the boot.

dac69er

Super Moderator
The sensor has a built in heater so doesn't need to be near the turbo, in fact that'll be the way to kill it. You want it at least past the flexi in the exhaust system. I heard of a lot of people having it near the back box and wiring it up via grommets in the boot.

i always thought the best place would be just past the area where the the exhaust passes the sump?
no point in going too far back and making wiring it up a pain in the arse. plus it will shit up more easily even with a heater.

Jay

Admin
I think two feet from the heat is the most accurate. These units do not like excessive heat, fuel or vibration. All three can shorten their lifespan.

If you have one in the back box you can pick up some pretty lean readings on overrun. ;)

fastglanza

Member +
u get lean readings from overrun even if in the downpipe also..

if you can get it a little before the backbox it would be great for extending the sensor life..but closest would be around/just after the sump

Also place it in like a 11 o'clock position so water vapour wont collect on it

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
aem reccomends 30 inches from the turbo :)

otherwise the sensor will burn out & give u incorrect readings.

kon