Air Fuel Ratios on P&P ECUs

candy_red

Member +
Hello everyone.

Did a search and couldnt find anything specific but sorry if this been covered before.

I see many say that their p&p ecu fuels ct9, hybrids, td04 etc fine but what exactly is fine?

Could people say what afr's they are getting from their ecu along their setup?

I m running ct9 @ 0.6 bar with a Sard ecu but just to always be on the safe side and for piece of mind i m getting a wideband gauge as i cant afford any damage to the engine.
It would be nice to know what to expect or know what im getting is right!

Cheers

weeJohn

Lifer
The usually over fuel at the top end, but it varies from ecu to ecu and different set ups as well.

No worse than some of the fueling values posted on stock cars.

Javier Wilde

Fresh Recruit
oo ok thank.
I alway stay 10.5:1 11.5:1. But with 1.6 bar of boost with gt2530r. I will dyno on friday and will upload results.

ramses974

Member +
all the p&p ecu tends to still at 10.5 on boost and sometimes 10.0... that is rich , but it is not because they are rich that they are not making power ...they are not only AFR with tuning, there is also timing ...

ChrisD

Member +
My stock ecu goes to ~10:1 at full boost higher rpm with a ct12 at ~0,8bar...

I would like to have something like 11:1 to 11.5:1 for power and safety....

H_D

Member +
My Zep ecu usually run at about 10.1 on full boost...It probably runs a bit richer as p&p ecus advance timing after 5000rpm

candy_red

Member +
Thanks for all the input guys!

I had it checked by someone after installing a new pump and it was running at 11.7:1 on full boost. Of course i was doing the driving so couldnt see it myself but i cant just imagine he said so just to make me think to go the e-manage way which would mean more money for him as he would map the car.

Anyways i ll see whats going on for myself when i get the wideband installed and post back some feedback as mine doesnt run as rich as everyone else's.

Cheers