Alarm advice

finch53

Member +
Hey people.
I dont know if this is the right section to place this but...

I pick my car up in just over a week but I don't believe its got an alarm on it, its a fresh import.
My dads mate is fully registered to fit alarms and such so gonna send business his way, but what alarm would you advise on getting.
Obviously an expensive one would be better but with buying the car ive not got a lot of money to play with.
my mates got a clifford 650 mk2 on his land rover defender, seems pretty good, got blackjax etc.
are there any better for a similar price or any of a similar spec for less?
Cheers in advance.

GTdan

In The Closet
Hey people.
I dont know if this is the right section to place this but...

I pick my car up in just over a week but I don't believe its got an alarm on it, its a fresh import.
My dads mate is fully registered to fit alarms and such so gonna send business his way, but what alarm would you advise on getting.
Obviously an expensive one would be better but with buying the car ive not got a lot of money to play with.
my mates got a clifford 650 mk2 on his land rover defender, seems pretty good, got blackjax etc.
are there any better for a similar price or any of a similar spec for less?
Cheers in advance.

clifford are very expensive.

Toad are cheaper and pretty much the same.

lukey.

Fresh Recruit
A hidden kill switch is more effective at ensuring your car doesnt budge than half the alarms out there and costs a fraction of the price, it would be worth looking into

finch53

Member +
Cheers lads, will look into the toad.

Was thinking of getting a fuel cut out switch aswell.

For sale section, sterling cat 1 for 100 delivered

Ive seen that one mate, wanting a new one on though, and its gotta be fitted by next week.

Cheers.

CMR

Member +
Toad AI606

I recommend Barry from safe n sound to fit it, hes based in wakie and you can find him on ebay search for AI606 fitted. he's very reasonable price wise and has done alot of cars on here too including mine!

dac69er

Super Moderator
anything thats cat1 will be fine mate as long as you dont go silly cheapo.

alot of them are the same alarm with a different name, only the price is different.

i have a lazerline on one of mine which hasnt missed a beat. my other GT has a cheap autowatch system on it and it does the job fine (not cat1 though).

toad are good if you want something with a name.

finch53

Member +
Toad AI606

I recommend Barry from safe n sound to fit it, hes based in wakie and you can find him on ebay search for AI606 fitted. he's very reasonable price wise and has done alot of cars on here too including mine!

hey mate, cheers for suggesting him. theres a guy based near me in sheffield who can do me a clifford 650 mk2 for £289 fitted, but my dads mate fits them and would rather give him the business.

not fussed about any certain brand, but has deffo got to be cat 1.

cheers for the info.

Last edited:

finch53

Member +
going for a toad sterling one for the time being as money is a bit tight,
this any good? and £190 fitted sound ok?
cheers, phil.

finch53

Member +
Yea phoned safe and sound today, i pick the car up sunday, theyre fitting it monday as theyre in my area that day, really chuffed with that for a start as he said might be up to 7 weeks till i mentioned where i was.

Was looking at the clifford 650 mk2, some place in sheff wanted £280 for it fitted but i was thinking, while moneys tight, if i just get a basic cat1 (for insurance), can always get upgrade, and the money i save from the alarm can go towards fc insurance.
gonna fit a hidden kill switch asap though too!

cheers for all the help anyway and hopefully will meet some of you soon at meets and what not.

Phil.

finch53

Member +
didnt get my alarm fitted today, anyone whose had an alarm fitted by safe n sound must know barry.... apparently whilst in leicester today, 3 chavs pulled a knife on him and his collegue and tried to nick his van... therefor once the police got involved it meant there wasnt time to fit my alarm due to day light.
getting it done wednesday now. but bugger me, chuffing bar stewards.

Member +
Toad AI606

i've had 2 toads, both flawless, cost me £250 fitted
wouldn't recomend clifford

Member +
theres nothing wrong with clifford as long as they arent installed by a muppet!

their N.I. distributor told them he wasnt going to sell them any more as it was giving his business a bad name and causing him serious grief with nearly every unit developing problems - and hes a professional auto spark!