Any Help Appreciated!!

Pondlife

Fresh Recruit
Please Help!!!!

Have had a few problems with mt GT since buying it (mainly rear caliper related!) & have spent a lot of time rectifying these problems. The time has now come to make her perfect again and am starting on the most annoying problem, unfortunately i dont really no wot im doing if im honest! (slight technical hitch)

When the car is cold it has a tendency to bounce down the bloody road! Especially in low gears and high rpms. Its feels like a really wierd problem and the more i think about it, seems like some sort of blockage or loss of pressure? (Possibly Turbo Seals?!) However the problem gets a lot better once the car and oil has fully warmed up and only seems to do it in 1st gear from pull off?
When its playing up it can get quite aggresive and really jerks down the road(making me look a rite twat :mad:), & if in reverse gear trying to park, it very nearly stalls and loses all power with the revs and lights all drooping rite down?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i really need to fix the beast before i lose my rag with it! Hoping it is the turbo seals jus so that i can crack on and get it sorted! Many thanks

SupaStu

Member +
Could this be a sensor problem, Throttle position sensor? Can anyone back this up or something else?

Dave.

Member +
Well, I'm not sure what it could be to be honest, but I don't think it'll be turbo related, and if it was turbo seals (assumably oil seals) you'd have a lot of smoke aswell....

Sounds ignition related, but I'm not an expert on this, so I'll leave it at that :)

Good luck getting it sorted mate

Dave

SupaStu

Member +
My old suzuki swift bounced up and down like this after I cleaned the engine bay (a hose was involved) and it knackered the TPS and caused this bucking up on the revs and down like a learner driver, put a new one in and it was brand new.

Have you been cleaning the engine bay recently?

sx_turbo

Lifer
checking timing

check leads cap rotor, and plugs

could be water temp sensor (but this normally just makes the car not start)

sounds more like a misfire than anything

injectors might be blocked

Pondlife

Fresh Recruit
Have been digging about a bit in the engine bay. had a few hoses come lose as well! all possible things i hadnt really considered. Looks like a major dissasemble and reassemble is involved then to check all the piping! Ill have a look at the injectors whilst im there to? How would i know if thers something up with them tho? Seems like its firing ok but im not an expert.

SupaStu

Member +
Have you washed the engine bay recently?

Make sure all hoses are plugged in correct, shouldnt have any not connected!

Pondlife

Fresh Recruit
Havnt Washed the engine bay, had a couple of lose jubilee rings & some hoses popped out whilst i was driving but i sorted that there an then cos the thing jus died on me? My AVCR's stopped reading the boost too & is only reading revs, although im not sure if this is related! The Boost gauge is reading all ok. Took it out las nite to try and work out what it was doing and it is possible its missfiring! Was proper poppin off n losing power when i tried to put my foot down and sent a nice cloud of smoke out the exhaust when it actualy cleared, sounded like some mad lil rally car, jus didnt move like 1!

Pondlife

Fresh Recruit
Managed to check all the piping over the weekend & all seems fine. Startin to definately think more the injectors, plugs or d cap. Didnt get round to checkin all that. Gonna try replacing the lot i think as the diagnostic check seemed to be written in another language!! Technical Electricals & me jus dont seem to go? was thinkin about up rating the injectors to 300cc, is this recomended and how much roughly would they be?