anybody get sick of there cars and just want something reliable like a honda?

Mark-ep91

Member +
as above gettin really sick of things going wrong with the glanza engine is fucked now and in 2 minds whether to break it and get a high speced ek9 civic or my other choice is get another engine and throw that in and get down to rolling road and setup at a bar :mad:

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Yes mate, all the time. I just feel bound to my car and just have to keep fixing things. I want something reliable like a Honda too.

Brad_L

Member +
thats why im putting mine back to standard and selling it on i want an integra type r now.

Mark-ep91

Member +
so im not the only one lol! really tempted to sell it as is or put it back to standard and sell on and get the ek9 civic and just drive it and not have to worry bout it going bang and all the other hassle

RS-Ronan

Member +
you really do have no luck with buying second hand engines Mark...
go and get a fully forged one this time and you'll be happy out again!!

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
thats what happens when you compromise reliability for power and performance, the wee cars hold up rightly for being anywhere between 12 and 20 years old, most with nearly twice their standard power

thefalls

Member +
You are not the only one,i think many of us here go through this ranting phase.

I went through this many times and i finally decided to get another daily runner,then i get to keep the glanza for some fun times on weekends or autoX events.

The only hassle is what kind of daily runner to get,after being so used to power being there all time when you need it.

Just hang on there,patience pays.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
You are not the only one,i think many of us here go through this ranting phase.

I went through this many times and i finally decided to get another daily runner,then i get to keep the glanza for some fun times on weekends or autoX events.

The only hassle is what kind of daily runner to get,after being so used to power being there all time when you need it.

Just hang on there,patience pays.

Thats what i've just done... picked up a mk4 golf tdi for £1600

Its only 90 bhp, but in a sense it is a good thing in many ways... it saves even more fuel, and also when you jump back into the starlet you get that punchy sensation you get when you first drive one, the sensation that soon dies after driving the ep for a while. I know when I jumped out of my 165bhp glanza into my 212bhp GT it was beaut... 2 months down the line... bored again lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
mine doesnt give me any hassle. havnt spent a penny on it since i bought it and sorted it out, apart from servicing.

corofin12345

Member +
had to bring it to town yesterday as id no other way in and i was pulling away from a cross and the clutch started to slip badly in 3rd.. well i though it was the clutch...... 14" wheels+nankangs+wet road= one hell of a burnout... lol

George611

Member +
well i though it was the clutch...... 14" wheels+nankangs+wet road= one hell of a burnout... lol

Hahaaa you know about them ones lol up a hill in the wet n the revs pick up makes you pay attention instantly lol...

Dont buy a honda man same sorta thing happens to any car when you tune it its the way off life..youve got to find a happy balance..
If i was you id wack a new lump in not as mad as the lump you have and youll be happy as larry again :)

djdiller

Member +
jesus lads iv a small leak prob in me crank seal belt side since last Oct an the car hasnt let me down mechanically wise since i bought
it then.....but yup ive been tempted to change so many time was offered an ek4 sir civic for me gt an all but chickened out.

corofin12345

Member +
Hahaaa you know about them ones lol up a hill in the wet n the revs pick up makes you pay attention instantly lol...

Dont buy a honda man same sorta thing happens to any car when you tune it its the way off life..youve got to find a happy balance..
If i was you id wack a new lump in not as mad as the lump you have and youll be happy as larry again :)

i brought a member on here for spin "wishbone", couldnt get traction at all..sounded like an auto....lol

George611

Member +
Hahaa its mad when you just cant get traction specially when you having a tear up with someone lol best thing is when you overtake them with the wheels spinning lool pure embarasment for em.