anybody used fensport metal hg

poke

Member +
spray on a bit of copper spray before you put on the gasket in seals it up right tight,did one 2 months back and not a drop of oil coming from anywhere
works a treat

bongskag

Member +
no thanks, If your mating surfaces are flat and clean you dont need to spray copper on it! sounds a bit pikey to me , like when someone doesnt skim a head and throws it on with crossed fingers.

also, I dont think it very wise to torque your arp head bolts past the ARP spec. ARP's will be more torque than toyota O.E anyways, this is what he may have meant by this.

also make sure to use the ARP assembly lube..
what pistons do you have then ? flat top or dished ?

no thanks, If your mating surfaces are flat and clean you dont need to spray copper on it! sounds a bit pikey to me , like when someone doesnt skim a head and throws it on with crossed fingers.

also, I dont think it very wise to torque your arp head bolts past the ARP spec. ARP's will be more torque than toyota O.E anyways, this is what he may have meant by this.

they are arp bolts they need standard torque..
studs and bolts use there own torque afaik
just using standard piston how could this have anythin to do with the oil leaking

fensport have a habit of renaming items to spread the name. not an uncommon thing in the tuning world if I'm honest so you'll probably find its just a generic pattern part that's been marked up or just re branded athena item.

I've worked with the Athena gaskets in the past and never had an issue. I'm going to say that if your having oil leaking with that gasket it will do it with all metal head gaskets. please forgive my question but I don't know how mechanically minded you are. but were is it leaking oil from, and has both block and head been perfectly decked before fitting. I find if you the slightest bit off on this all metal head gaskets will leak.

Tim :)

fensport have a habit of renaming items to spread the name. not an uncommon thing in the tuning world if I'm honest so you'll probably find its just a generic pattern part that's been marked up or just re branded athena item.

I've worked with the Athena gaskets in the past and never had an issue. I'm going to say that if your having oil leaking with that gasket it will do it with all metal head gaskets. please forgive my question but I don't know how mechanically minded you are. but were is it leaking oil from, and has both block and head been perfectly decked before fitting. I find if you the slightest bit off on this all metal head gaskets will leak.

i know what you mean but i would like to think im fairly competent
its leakin out from between the head and block..i wouldnt mind only its leakin in on the timing belt and as you know oil is not good for belts
block and head was surfaced perfectly by a good engine builders

dan_ep82

Member +
sounds like a builder error to me, i really can't see it being the head gasket, if there was a defect the builder should of spotted that anyway..

yeah i agree if you've torqued it down properly in the right sequence and torque, then the head/block surfaces properly aren't perfectly flat and has high spots which is where its leaking from.

arp bolts have there own torque and needs more than stock

bought them from tm developments they said they used standard torque..
100_8537.jpg

stud and nut these need the specific torque
head_studs.jpg

ramses974

Member +
bought them from tm developments they said they used standard torque..
100_8537.jpg

stud and nut these need the specific torque
head_studs.jpg

i doubt , there is a paper on it that explains you how to do and they are 3 steps to the final torque ...I know that because on this forum i lost this pape and people help me to give me the correct torque value

ramses974

Member +

Coper spray is excellent and recomended to metal head gasket to prevent leaking

the copper spray is a crutch for poor workmanship. they already come with a sealing layer on the gasket installed which does a similar job to the copper spary anyway. the black layer is designed to melt when it gets hot and act as sealant. this is also why metal head gaskets aren't re-useable once torqued down once.