anyone looking for hids look no further!

wesgt

Lifer
as a follow on from timmy's thread asking about hids, i thought i'd stick this thread up for anyone looking for hids.
i use these all the time www.vvme.com

have bought several sets and the only problem i had was with one set, when they arrived one bulb was 8k and the other was 6k so they obviously looked different, i had ordered 8's. as soon as i contacted them they apologised for the mistake and sent me out a replacement bulb without delay.
the first set i bought over a year ago is still going strong.
very good quality product, really look the part when fitted, and speaking of fitting, it couldn't be easier.
cheapest i've found that actually work and don't fail after a month or two.

so don't be ripped off anywhere else, or buy a low quality kit elsewhere and have to buy twice when they fail!

wesgt

Lifer
no prob! they charge an awful price for them here. i've seen one lad looking for more for a set of replacement bulbs than this crowd charge for an entire kit.
said i'd share the info as i know they're good from experience, nothing worse than buying something online and it turns out to be crap!

Tanz

Lifer
Its good to share info on that and ahh dont i know one of my friends now deals in them and you wouldnt believe what he has gotten away with charging ,,,only problem ive seemed to hear off people on the is that some can tend to discolor the headlight,,has that ever happened to you with these??

wesgt

Lifer
no, the oldest set i have is in the same car for just over a year, i had the car until a few weeks ago and now a friend has it, still going strong with no side effects as of yet anyway!
yeh sure i paid 130 for a set before, could get 2 of these for the same money

thats ridicously cheap!! rep points there for you definetly!! ordering a set now! is postage included in that price? we are h7 single beam arent we?

Tanz

Lifer
no, the oldest set i have is in the same car for just over a year, i had the car until a few weeks ago and now a friend has it, still going strong with no side effects as of yet anyway!
yeh sure i paid 130 for a set before, could get 2 of these for the same money

Ahh sure there the job so,,and ha ahh ive seen them go for twice that ridiculous aint it.

wesgt

Lifer
not sure about the postage, but i don't think its much on top, dhl they use.
not sure about quadlights, squares are h4's anyway.
yeh tanz, rip off ireland at it again

im quadlight, im nearly sure its h7 anyway, postage shouldnt be too much then, gonna order one now anyway hopefully postage will be cheap as chips ha

danb87

South East England Area Rep
yea i get confused on what ones too get, bi exon whats that? single beam?

ve had so many conversations with ktl about it yet i still dont know whats best lol

churcherj

Member +
yea i get confused on what ones too get, bi exon whats that? single beam?

ve had so many conversations with ktl about it yet i still dont know whats best lol

bi-xenon are for your main headlights and full beams i think mate, single beam is just for the main headlights :)

bi-xenons are awesome, but normally single beam does the job fine! look like good bits of kit on the link wes, rep to you

wesgt

Lifer
bi-xenon are for your main headlights and full beams i think mate, single beam is just for the main headlights :)

bi-xenons are awesome, but normally single beam does the job fine! look like good bits of kit on the link wes, rep to you

thanks :) well the hids are definitely good, i haven't bought anything else from them yet!

Just nearly 50 usd its comin to for me, excluding postage i think that is

lads quadlights i think are H7 single beam

and single beam refers to just your dips being bi xenon lighting as fulls wouldnt be safe is the reason i think, cause hid's take a few secs to warm up and produce maximum lighting which to sum might be "unsafe for driving" thats why they do it i think

bi xenon refers to the actual lighting itself its "bi xenon" its like LED etc its a kind of lighting, all new bmw's mercs etc come with bi xenon lighting! they dont ahve hid kits with ballasts in there bay its actual bi xenon lighting working off there projector headlights

Last edited:

danb87

so what you guys recomend as i might order some tonight lol. ?

churcherj

Member +
so what you guys recomend as i might order some tonight lol. ?

depends how much coin you have mate and what look your after :) bi-xenons are quality, but how often do you really use your full beams? if you want the HIDs with your full beams aswell then go for them!

i wouldnt get anything higher than 8000k, apart from it giving out shit light quality the higher up the scale you go, your also more prone to being pulled over by the old bill :)

danb87

depends how much coin you have mate and what look your after :) bi-xenons are quality, but how often do you really use your full beams? if you want the HIDs with your full beams aswell then go for them!

i wouldnt get anything higher than 8000k, apart from it giving out shit light quality the higher up the scale you go, your also more prone to being pulled over by the old bill :)

coul you send me the link for our model needed please mate an ill go from there.

think ill get single as you said very rare the main beam goes on tbh.

dan

churcherj

Member +
coul you send me the link for our model needed please mate an ill go from there.

think ill get single as you said very rare the main beam goes on tbh.

dan

give me 20 mins mate, im at work but sneaking on the forum haha

is yours quadlight dan? if so the outter dipped will be "HB3 9005" any 9005 HID kit will be a straight fit into a quadlight :) will find a link!

EDIT: something like this would be good:

http://www.vvme.com/standard-9005hb3-hid-conversion-kit-p-59.html?cPath=44_45_30

Last edited: