Anyone regretted removing aircon...?

Has anyone regretted taking out their aircon? Thinking about taking mine out for more room etc, but cant help thinking its gona be hell when summer comes.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
My a/c went tits up when I had my Glanza in Cyprus and it wasn't that bad. Had it removed when I got it back to the UK and I haven't missed it at all.

addz

Member +
I don't think you'll miss it, I can vouch you won't use it, maybe once when the blue moons out - thats not very often!

I will whip mine out in summer - sunroof models for the win

cameroon95

Member +
I still have mine in with the FMIC-means that that it sticks out a wee bit.

Personally i'm glad i kept mine,regardless of it's benefits being off.

I drove to inverness last summer in the middle of the heatwave, was so glad i kept it in.

Dan_SV

Member +
no regrets from me either! have never once thought that i would need the air con on. windows down are fine. :rockon:

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Removed mine glad it went, used it once and that was it...

Never needed it in all the years i been drivin so no point havin it now...

Rory

Lifer
Air con in the UK, it will get used around 3 times a year! :p

No regrets here, windows work better

rmsnoel

Member +
Air con in the UK, it will get used around 3 times a year! :p

No regrets here, windows work better

Ah but those 3 sweaty days stuck in traffic on the road to Bundoran mid July and your ice-cream melting all down your hand.

When aircon is turned off the it doesnt affect your engine performance, so you'll never notice it making your car faster removing it, its never worth removing it unless it totally shits itself.

aaronw

Member +
i have never wished i kept the aircon in my gt.

i dont think out of any the cars ive owned ive actually used it anyway.

Gilly2006

Member +
no regrets for me either! never used it ever! and i love having the window down anyway!
even tho it causes drag, i can listen to the old girl and be happy!