ball bearing turbo close to td04L13

ramses974

Member +
Hi all,
wander what will be some turbocharger close to the td04 in term of size ...

I heard about the ihi vf18 or21 from subaru twin turbo...

I need your advice about this

Ted

Member +
i have had the 2 together before and it fits ok but the core side doesnt go far enough towards the exhaust side. you can hear the collar that sits behind the exhaust wheel flapping slightly when it should be held firmly by the exhaust side. id say with a little fettling it would work. you'd definitely end up with a turbo that would spool up within maybe a hundred rpm of a td04 but could maybe crack 300bhp

wickedep

Trader
in the garret t-series frame...0.48a/r is the same as the garret Gt-series 0.64a/r. so spool will be the same..just that you can opt for different downpipe bolt patterns, vband etc..which ever suits your application best. if you want to go with custom back housing..then you maybe able to fine a T3 0.36 or even 0.42 housings..but very tough to find and will have to be custom machined and fitted to the GT-series chra. hope this helps :)

sacha

ramses974

Member +
in the garret t-series frame...0.48a/r is the same as the garret Gt-series 0.64a/r. so spool will be the same..just that you can opt for different downpipe bolt patterns, vband etc..which ever suits your application best. if you want to go with custom back housing..then you maybe able to fine a T3 0.36 or even 0.42 housings..but very tough to find and will have to be custom machined and fitted to the GT-series chra. hope this helps :)

sacha
very good info
thanx

vband just seems to offer convinient and fast changeovers
just make sure the two ends mate perfectly when fabricating the connections

ramses974

Member +

sacha

What is your solution?
i have the same problem as Azerty ...
i want something like the td04 but in ball bearing