Bee R Rev Limiter

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
They cause quite a lot of diagnositic faults with the Starlets ECU I wouldn't run one, amazing when they work but they are a pain had one for a few months then took it off. It just cuts ignition rather than fuel when you hit the limitter, this means you get unburnt fuel down the exahust and flames out the back as well as bangs.

T

Nwimie

Member +
loud and abusive. lol helped my mate fit one to his evo a few weekends ago mucho fun.

nice 4ft flames and aggressive bangs lol.

as Tobs said rather harsh just cutting the spark ok if not used to much i guess.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah they do work they just throw up the engine light all the time and puts the car in limp home mode. I ran one with just a downpipe, no exhaust and it lit up the road underneath.

Anyhow they will throw up engine management lights all the time but if you can deal with that then okay. Can damage turbos as well if the mixture is ingnited before it hits the exhaust as the neat fuel runs through the turbo. Our simple ECU's just don't like them tried and tested.

T

jomista2k7

Fresh Recruit
so your saying if you abuse it you abuse your car,but every once in a while wouldn't be to bad,any idea where you could buy one???

Toby@ToyTuning.com

And to add if you run enough power and a really aggressive map then the car will split flames and pop anyway! More for show than go :cool:

T

Last edited:

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Also to add further the one good thing is you can set a different RPM limit with the handbrake engaged so you can use it for launch control, i.e set the limiter at 4k, handbrake up, rev the nuts, bang bang bang, let the handbrake off wooooshh of you go. But most of the time it puts the engine management light on so you look like a willy as you try and floor it in limp home mode with almost no boost and the car is really slow. So it sounds like your about to unleash 400hp of madness and the car doesn't move :p

Johnny_C

Lifer
maybe unrelated,but a friends engine didnt last to long after it was fitted,also ran funny at times.its a very crude device.

Aidan-G

Member +
mine never worked well with my power fc...something to do with earthing or something

they couldnt be good for an engine!

Fishy89GT

Banned
@ Toby i would be more concerned about the rods than it throwing up an engine light..(mine hardly did that anyway)

Anyhows i bent a rod on a ct9 with one, and someone put a rod through the side of their block with one aswell...just a warning to anyone who wants one ;)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
if u want a decent rev limiter/launch control.. get an emanage ultimate.. u can also do so much more with a piggyback :D

i dont really like the beer... it rarely works propperly..