best tyre psi 195/50/15?

churcherj

Member +
am i right in thinking 29 psi is best for these size tryes? this wont be for track/drag but for daily road use....

dac69er

Super Moderator
i run 30psi all round on that size tire! only use the car in the summer though.

standard 14" tire pressures should be 26 psi/1.8 bar.

churcherj

Member +
i run 30psi all round on that size tire! only use the car in the summer though.

standard 14" tire pressures should be 26 psi/1.8 bar.

thanks mate, i thought it was around 29psi or there abouts so that clears it up! i wasnt sure if someone knew the optimal pressure but mine dont seem that hard or "pumped" up when i did 29psi...maybe its just me but they look flatish lol

TurboDave

Member +
I hated my T1R's so much in fact that i took them off, very unpredictable and as you say dangerous.

Goodyear Eagle F1's are far better.

churcherj

Member +
I hated my T1R's so much in fact that i took them off, very unpredictable and as you say dangerous.

Goodyear Eagle F1's are far better.

ive just been reading through the tyre thread on here for some other options, in fact the other night the rain was so hard and on the motorway i was sliding all over the place, SERIOUSLY scary and they have plenty of tread, not even good in the dry, spins to redline in 2nd and im running 218bhp/190ft lbs of torque, thought they would be better than that! any of you guys used the uniroyal rain experts? meant to be good in both wet/dry....

dac69er

Super Moderator
the right tire pressures for each make of tire should be on the sidewall of tire

they only usually have the maximum pressure on the side wall. the tire pressure is different depending on the cars weight and other factors. the pressure is car specific as apposed to tire specific

corofin12345

Member +
im using firestone firehawks and really cant fault them.. brilliant in both conditions and cheap enough 2 plus they look the part

kellygt

Member +
I had toyo's before used to slide all over the place with them in the rain even running negative camber, bought BF Goodrich G profilers there great cant fault them and I used to be sceptical about them, 30-32 psi I find is a good pressure for road use

Nippon

Member +
I have Toyo T1R's.
Have them at 32 at front and 30 at rear.
They are rather slippy in the wet. But in dry conditions they are fine.
For £40ish per rim they are good value for money defo.

madman

Member +
im using firestone firehawks and really cant fault them.. brilliant in both conditions and cheap enough 2 plus they look the part

i had these before and they lasted all of 2 weeks pure skutter imo but each to their own i suppose, toyo's are pure muck also eagle f1's ive heard great reviews but i have to say michelin pilot exalto's are a great bit of kit in the wet and dry they set me back €70 a corner in ireland i have them about 3 months now and loads of wear left on them and will definitely buy them again. I run 34 psi in the front and 30 rear.

Last edited:

Tanz

Lifer
Im with john with this one, i have been using Michelen pilots for years and i love them...as for psi 32front 30rear...

corofin12345

Member +
i had these before and they lasted all of 2 weeks pure skutter imo but each to their own i suppose, toyo's are pure muck also eagle f1's ive heard great reviews but i have to say michelin pilot exalto's are a great bit of kit in the wet and dry they set me back €70 a corner in ireland i have them about 3 months now and loads of wear left on them and will definitely buy them again. I run 34 psi in the front and 30 rear.

depends on the power your putting through them i suppose.. 8 months now and still legal and i do rag them.. heard good things bout those michelins 2, may get a set next time.. if i can find them..

madman

Member +
depends on the power your putting through them i suppose.. 8 months now and still legal and i do rag them.. heard good things bout those michelins 2, may get a set next time.. if i can find them..

thats true too aye id deffo go michelin if ya could they are a serious tyre

corofin12345

Member +
no where in ennis af far as i know that stock them so ill be taking a trip down to limerick when needs be.. clutch first!! my exedy standard replacment lasted 6 months.. :haha: