big turbo or NOS?

nicky_glanza

Member +
which one would be better and more crack to play with?

there both round the same price just want to see what peoples views are on the Nos??

nicky

nicky_glanza

Member +
lol nitrous is pretty fast and the furious! blame spuddy that fella just gives me ideas lol

and ted i believe your the man to talk to ;)
basically ile have around 1000 quid to get good power into the v the week after next! cant wait to get started :)
any advice on turbos fellas?? been asking bout the tdo4's they seem good but im only after 200 bhp believe it or not
as its a managable bhp for daily driving.. also ive a forged lump in atm if that makes any difference..

cheers in advance

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
lol nitrous is pretty fast and the furious! blame spuddy that fella just gives me ideas lol

and ted i believe your the man to talk to ;)
basically ile have around 1000 quid to get good power into the v the week after next! cant wait to get started :)
any advice on turbos fellas?? been asking bout the tdo4's they seem good but im only after 200 bhp believe it or not
as its a managable bhp for daily driving.. also ive a forged lump in atm if that makes any difference..

cheers in advance

well for 200bhp.. you wont need nos.. nor a BIG turbo. with a td04 standard internals and mods to suit the td04 you would hit the 200+

Nippon

Member +
If you have forged internals already then there is a vast aray of turbos that you could run with high boost for LOTS of fun.
Some that spring to mind:
TD04L, TD05H, GT2871R, GT28RS

You will see 270ish BHP with the TD04L @ 1.4bar with good spool up.
The other turbos will see 300bhp+ at 1.6 - 1.8bar but will be a touch laggier.
No need for NOS for a street car. Its illegal to use on the roads anyway.

If you are planning on building a drag car then go for it!

John@ECC

Lifer
No need for NOS for a street car. Its illegal to use on the roads anyway.

The legality of nitrous use on the road varies from country to country, even within the EU. However, contrary to what many people believe (including some police officers) nitrous oxide injection is legal for road use in the UK and many other countries (just as are turbo chargers and superchargers). According to the Ministry of Transport, the Highway Code and the MOT handbook there is no law prohibiting the use of nitrous injection. However just as with any tuning modification, the owner must inform their insurance company and obtain adequate cover otherwise any performance modification would be illegal. Therefore the only way you will break the law by having your street car fitted with a nitrous kit in the UK, is if you fail to inform your insurance company that you have one. Insuring a nitrous injected vehicle has become easier since WON joined forces with Adrian Flux to provide all their customers with a better chance of obtaining adequate insurance cover. Some other insurance companies such as Greenlight Insurance also offer cover for nitrous equipped cars.

There is a degree of confusion over the need to have a hazard warning sticker on the outside of the car. nitrous oxide is neither a flammable nor a hazardous gas but it is an oxidiser. There is a legal requirement for commercial vehicles to display a suitable sticker but this does not apply to private vehicles, which are not even obliged to display a green compressed gas sticker. However, displaying such a warning sticker might well be advantageous to you and the emergency services if you were to be involved in any kind of accident, as this would inform them that you were carrying a container of compressed oxidiser.

John@ECC

Lifer
This is the power that we got out of a Standard turbo on a forged 4e engine, standard head etc. Car was running 1 bar and 150 shot of nos from memory, zero lag and what a punch out of it.

gt_2.jpg

nicky_glanza

Member +
ah brilliant guys! ive spent hours looking at turbos and i think ive decided on the speedvision ct9 hybrid with the mani and decat pipe etc.. i would like to go to tdo4 but i do a lot of travelling and a 300 bhp starlet is a bit much for me lol soo ile start of with 200 bhp...

john@ecc would you recommend a hybird ct9 and can you fellas at ecc set them up??

John@ECC

Lifer
ah brilliant guys! ive spent hours looking at turbos and i think ive decided on the speedvision ct9 hybrid with the mani and decat pipe etc.. i would like to go to tdo4 but i do a lot of travelling and a 300 bhp starlet is a bit much for me lol soo ile start of with 200 bhp...

john@ecc would you recommend a hybird ct9 and can you fellas at ecc set them up??

Hi, to be honest we wouldnt recommend the Hybrid CT9 as you will get very little gains for the money you will spend, you would be better going for a TD04 kit and running 0.8bar to do 200BHP and we will more than certainly setup which ever one you go with.

nicky_glanza

Member +
ah thats great mate! ile text bob about those toyota headbolts i ordered... got a set of arp ones lastnite for 80 quid new and couldnt turn it down..
however ile still pick up those toyota ones of yous if your unable to get your money refunded??
but yeah soo can you sort me with a kit john if i bring the car down and setting up? also ive been told by so many people that because i want 200bhp i should take out the forged lump and sell it on and put my standard one back in? what do you think?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
ah thats great mate! ile text bob about those toyota headbolts i ordered... got a set of arp ones lastnite for 80 quid new and couldnt turn it down..
however ile still pick up those toyota ones of yous if your unable to get your money refunded??
but yeah soo can you sort me with a kit john if i bring the car down and setting up? also ive been told by so many people that because i want 200bhp i should take out the forged lump and sell it on and put my standard one back in? what do you think?

Keep the forged engine in her! You will get bored of 200hp eventually, when that happens get the nitrous on and get 260-270hp :)

danturbo4311

Member +
I got a nos kit with controller that im selling, I used it with a gt28rs on a 4e, only problem is the bottle is almost full, so cant post it lol.

John@ECC

Lifer

Yeah he said the head bolts were there for you but im sure we can shift them on ok.

Yeah i can sort a kit for you if you want, best thing to do is call in and see me on monday and we can have a chat about what is the best way to go with your car.

Also that would be madness taking your forged engine out to replace with a standard one. Sorry i didnt realised that it was forged from the start so the TDO4 turbo kit is deffo the way to go with it and NOS to really liven her up.