blitz access help!

hybrid_G4E

Member +
guys. :(

my car starts as usual on stock ecu.

but plug in a blitz access unit, turn the key to 'ON' and the injectors starts to squirt fuel till the motor literally flood itself!

i mean fuel wuz coming outta the turbo, leaks into the engine oil. even the ecu connectors are hot.

what gives? short circuit? the ecu also working when it was unplugged frm another EP. :confused:

EP82 owners, please help.

pic of the said ecu.
image486yr3.jpg

image488jn0.jpg

image489wa5.jpg

anyone?

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
if your fitting the wrong ecu/plug type to the car that may be it. may also be buggered. try it on another car if possible.

Spoonz

Member +
i don't think it will work the same has the mr2 has it's only ep82 and 91 which are different and if it was a ep91 ecu it wouldn't fit maybe one of the pins are loose and not working. Try it on another ep82 if you can and see what it dose to that one

sx_turbo

Lifer
did you see it working on the car it came off of?

or did you just take the word from the seller that it was a good unit?

hybrid_G4E

Member +
did you see it working on the car it came off of?

or did you just take the word from the seller that it was a good unit?

the seller himself was the owner, and it was from his car.
well i didn't see him remove it, but a trustworth buddy (who delivered the ecu) did.

weeJohn

Lifer
You are getting all that fuel from the injectors being open, that should not happen when you switch the ignition to on.

Try your stock ecu back in to see if it works properly, if it does you know the Blitz is the problem.

I have a Blitz Access ecu in mine, it does not work like this. I think you may have a fault ecu.

Try it in another EP82 to see what happens?

GP82

Member +
Hey, have you tried resetting the ecu? Go into your fusebox and take out the efi fuse with the battery disconnected, then push it back in after 10 - 15 mins. It's jus' worth a try as it's not mentioned yet.

Also don't these ecu's have some sort of battery back up memory? What setup was the previous owner of this ecu running? Best of luck with it.

hybrid_G4E

Member +
any luck with this mate ?

nope, and i'm starting to get bored with it!

You are getting all that fuel from the injectors being open, that should not happen when you switch the ignition to on.
.. even if the fuel pump is directly wired (mine is)?
i mean when you turn the key to ON, in my car the fuel pump will starts directly (oh god how would you describe it? :p )

point noted mate.

however as i stated the ecu came from another (working) car, wouldn't try it on any other mate's cars for it probably ruin theirs just like it did mine.

Hey, have you tried resetting the ecu? Go into your fusebox and take out the efi fuse with the battery disconnected, then push it back in after 10 - 15 mins. It's jus' worth a try as it's not mentioned yet.

Also don't these ecu's have some sort of battery back up memory? What setup was the previous owner of this ecu running? Best of luck with it.

another point noted! haven't res-set the ecu that way, will try it later.

thanks lads!

at this point, if the access didn't work, still, i'd have it sent back to the owner, probably. no point trying to start a car with a buggered ecu. :(