blitz turbo timer

Agod

Member +
Can someone advise me.

I got my turbo timer fitted. When u go for a drive and then turn off the engine. It keeps the ignition on but it does not keep the egine running. Is this correct? Shouldnt the engine remain ticking over?

Craig_GT

Lifer
generally yeah it should depending on how hard u drive it..
might b a silly question but are you sure its set up correctly or switched on? does it display a time when u come to a halt?
also when removin the key you might have to push the key inwards for it to work..
hope this helps, im not sure on make of mine but thts what i need to do

Craig

Agod

Member +
generally yeah it should depending on how hard u drive it..
might b a silly question but are you sure its set up correctly or switched on? does it display a time when u come to a halt?
also when removin the key you might have to push the key inwards for it to work..
hope this helps, im not sure on make of mine but thts what i need to do

Craig

When i turn the key off the timer counts down from 10 to 0. It also keeps the console lights on. It does not keep the engne running though. Has it been fitted wrong?

Does the glanza have a low ignition pulse? Cause i ow there is an extra setting for that.

Last edited:

Craig_GT

Lifer
not too sure tbh mate, some1 with more experience might be able to help but to me it sounds like its been installed incorrectly-i may b wrong tho.

Craig

sx_turbo

Lifer
the turbo timer needs to be hooked up to the handbrake sensor.

if the handbrake is not on the turbo timer will not work.

if u take off the cover where the handbrake cable is, you will notice a wire right next to the handbrake.

follow this back to the front of the car and splice into it.

should be ok then.

Agod

Member +
the turbo timer needs to be hooked up to the handbrake sensor.

if the handbrake is not on the turbo timer will not work.

if u take off the cover where the handbrake cable is, you will notice a wire right next to the handbrake.

follow this back to the front of the car and splice into it.

should be ok then.

I got it fitted by an auto electrician. He actually spliced the cable right next to where the handbrake is. The actual timer function is working. I take the key out of the ignition and the timer keeps counting down. But it only keeps the ignition on.

Is the engine supposed to remain running???

Duff

Member +
Also 10 seconds is useless on a turbo timer..i've mine set to two mins and if im driving hard, 5mins..

Duff.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
If it's a good Blitz unit then you can set it to automatic and it will work it out for you. Yes the engine is meant to be running so it can cool the oil that's the idea. Have you earthed yours on the handbrake cable?

T

Damage

Member +
Agod take it back to the electrician and tell him to recheck the wires. I know NDR008 had this problem first time round but solved it easily. If he doesnt manage come over to the garage and I'll see what I can do for you buddy.

Regards,

Daniel

Agod

Member +
Thanks guys for all the help.

Duff its an automatic turbo timer. 10 secs is just the minimum it stays on for. After a long drive it will calculate the actual time needed.

Agod

Member +
If nyone can help. I got an EP91.

What colour are the following wires on the actual ignition:

Ignition
Accesories
Constant 12 v