Boost leak I think!?

Corkers

Fresh Recruit
I have a loud whistling noise start when the car is fully warmed up and boosting.. Very annoying, randomly started.. Although, the day before I had put some wynns stop leak in the tank to try and temporarily fix a small leak.
I'm guessing its a complete coincidence and I have a small crack or failed gasket somewhere around the turbo but if anyone else has had this same coincidence let me know!?

GT_Irl

Member +
maybe just coincidence. That whistling sound I have found generally comes about when when there is a leak in the intercooler piping. So a good place to start looking would be to check all your connections and your BOV connection (if you have one). try that and see how you go. I had a leak before and it turned out to a split pipe leading to my BOV. Hope this helps :)

Corkers

Fresh Recruit
right on, cheers pal. I have checked the intercooler pipes and BOV, im going to check again :) but otherwise leaves me with it possibly being gaskets, or a crack.. im guessing as it only does it when hot it would need to expand. All fun and games eh.