Can I run TD04 with stock ECU?

jam

Member +
Hello guys, just want to know if I can Run a TD04 with stock ECU big inter cooler,330cc injectors,FPR set 3bar running 0.75 bar under fuel cut. please advice.Thanks

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Hello guys, just want to know if I can Run a TD04 with stock ECU big inter cooler,330cc injectors,FPR set 3bar running 0.75 bar under fuel cut. please advice.Thanks

you didnt put anything on your car and you already know your gonna run 3 bar of fuel? thats great lol...

why you want to put bigger injectors? if running under fuelcut probably stock ecu will fuel fine... if you want it safe check it on a dyno/wideband..

jam

Member +
you didnt put anything on your car and you already know your gonna run 3 bar of fuel? thats great lol...

why you want to put bigger injectors? if running under fuelcut probably stock ecu will fuel fine... if you want it safe check it on a dyno/wideband..

I got EMB map with wideband and fueling ok but I got like boost cut when hit 6-7 Rpm on 3rd to 5th gear am running 0.7bar of boost only I check fueling ok no misfire. so am been thinking that I takeout the EMB and running with stock ECU with 330cc injector and Fpr already install on just to see if the problem still exist.

starbogt

Member +
yes you can run with standard ecu but you will need to remove or raise boost cut for more boost. and make sure the fueling is ok. just running a set of injectors and a rrfpr is a little crude but workable. just make sure the fueling is good

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
sutrely .7bar on td04 wont be needing bigger injectors! why dont you go for a remap maybe that could sort your problem... EMB is better then rrfpr only setup

parkiboy

Member +
i wouldnt do it its a bit rough :p

remember trying to do things on the cheap always works out more expensive...

TurboDave

Member +
It will work but it is rough and due to the extra lag you will get with the TD04 Idd bet it wouldnt be hardly any faster if at all than a GT running 1 bar on a CT9 with a decent setup.

GTdan

In The Closet
im running .75 bar on standard ecu, standard injectors and using a rrpfr and fcd.

however, ive just blown my engine up...it was dying before i went td04, but now ive gone td04, its now dead - permantly smoking.

ive got a forged engine to put in, hopefully i will not be using the same set up on my new engine - emanage will be bought when i put the forged engine in, or it wont be in for longer than a month,

vick

Member +
am running atd04 wiz stock ecu of the mean time n i ve put the boost to o.6 bcoz when it get cold air it hit fuel cut so then i say am going to run it at 0.6 only n i ve bigger fuel pump in the car

TurboDave

Member +
am running atd04 wiz stock ecu of the mean time n i ve put the boost to o.6 bcoz when it get cold air it hit fuel cut so then i say am going to run it at 0.6 only n i ve bigger fuel pump in the car

Standard fuel pump will be fine, they do over 200bhp.

Hitting fuel cut doesnt mean that its still safe fueling either, the car knows how much boost pressure it is getting which will trigger the fuel cut but the TD04 will be supplying a higher CFM of air which will not be accounted for.

Chris@CCM

Member +
fcd fuel pump and rrfpr is grand even at 1.1 bar it ant bad at all just get it set up no need to change to 330s

WillGT

Member +
yeh chris is right, i was running my car on hks fcd, walbo fuel pump, rrfpr and 330s with no issues at 1 bar its a good setup if done properly just get everythink checked and your car wil be fine. i've now upgraded to emange blue tho.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
stock ecu cant handle the bigger injectors either can they?

I mean how would it know there bigger and how much fuel to use?

WillGT

Member +
stock ecu cant handle the bigger injectors either can they?

I mean how would it know there bigger and how much fuel to use?

thats why you get it set up on the rollers like i said worked fine for me until i upgraded to emange.

Glanza D

Member +
dotn need injectors anyway

stock ecu can be run on td04 at 10/12psi with fpr on stock 295s just set it up properly
mate of mine has a td04 starlet at 0.6 bar on stock ecu with no fueling mods at all under fuel cut all time even when its cold outside, had wideband on it, it runs a little rich at top end but apart from that stock ecu is doing a good job

but like everyone says proper setting up properly is vital

jam

Member +
Thanks guys for all info. am just asking it because I think my EMB is faulty just want to try with the stock Ecu to see if my problem will be solve. I done all set up done by expert in mapping he raise the boost cut and try everything possible still have this boost cut when reaching full boost change fuel pump, fuel filter, add FPR change spark plugs, spark leads etc... problem still here its a real head ache. please advice.thanks

jam

Member +
out of intest y do u think ur emb is faulty

ya,think its faulty because when we map the car its fueling ok no boost cut then after some hard push on accelerator running about 25 km distance it reset by itself and got this boost cut again.

Chris@CCM

Member +
ya,think its faulty because when we map the car its fueling ok no boost cut then after some hard push on accelerator running about 25 km distance it reset by itself and got this boost cut again.
thats v odd what v are u clamping it at ?