CD player, electric mirrors, interior light not working :(:(

seab

Member +
hey guys have just picked up my 2nd glanza, and for some reason the cd player isnt working, the interior light, and the electric mirrors. Ive checked all the fuses and all (including DOME) are intact. There is one missing from inside the car (DEF-I/UP), apart from that i cant see what the problem is :(
Any ideas :(

lingl9z

Member +
Double check the fuses mate, i had this same problem turnt out to be a fuse that was blown but looked fine (dont forget the ones under the steeringwheel colum + under the bonnet!)

seab

Member +
Yeah checked them all dude, both in car and under bonnet. I am assuming fuse because my evo pulled the same crap on saturday, took the CD player, clock and central locking out in 1 go. Few of them looked a bit tatty maybe i should replace a few to be on the safe side, or get the multi meter out :(

Craig_GT

Lifer
As said above mate, check the fuse..

also note that most CD players have a built in fuse, at the back of them. might be a coincidence that its blew at the same time.

Craig

Last edited:

lingl9z

Member +
fuses don't always look blown mate, you can test them with a volt meter on consinuity tester (sp) (Basicly a bell set that makes a noise when current reach back round to its self.

Duff

Member +
Id bet money its the fuse, and more than likely the dome fuse. My interior light, clock and cd player stopped working too and it turned out to be the dome fuse even though it looked fine when I checked it!

seab

Member +
Update, i took it all apart today. Turns out the wiring for the CD player went to the boot nowhere else.

No wonder nothing was working. So i had to wire it all in (live, earth, IGN feed, speakers).

The mirrors werent working because they had been unplugged when the fog light switch was fitted plugged that in, works now.

Just the interior light to sort now, so will try a new bulb and see what that does :)