Could this be a JAM ecu?

Galen

Lifer
Was in a friends Glanza last night and decided to check the ECU for the chance it could be aftermarket. I popped down the glovebox and saw this
06112009876.jpg

06112009877.jpg

The sticker says: JAM, JAM Sports, for racing, made in Japan.

And you can also see the mark on the left where there was a seal.

Ive seen JAM ecu's before and know that the sticker should be different, and ive never heard it referred to as "Jam sports" only "Jam Racing"

The Glanza it is in is actually quite slow, even for a standard one and it is very hard on petrol

So what does anyone think, anyone ever seen that sticker before?

dac69er

Super Moderator
only way to be 100% sure is to open it up.

could be bad on fuel and slow as all the mods it was setup to run with were removed either by the previous uk owner or in japan.

scot-ish

Member +
looks like some1 has just put that sticker there, aint the same as the normal ones, but you never know

Ted

Member +
that is a jam sticker, some say jam sport just like that, some say jam racing.
if its slow and bad on juice then borrow a wideband and check the fuelling at a bar. wont be slow then!

Galen

Lifer
only way to be 100% sure is to open it up.

could be bad on fuel and slow as all the mods it was setup to run with were removed either by the previous uk owner or in japan.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. What would I be looking for inside, would JAM be written on the board or some of the components?

Parts were removed from the car as its is actually a recaro edition Glanza, but the front seats are gone so whoever had it before probably stripped off anything worth a few pound!
I think I'll swap doorcards with him and complete my recaro interior!:rockon:

Last edited:

Galen

Lifer
that is a jam sticker, some say jam sport just like that, some say jam racing.
if its slow and bad on juice then borrow a wideband and check the fuelling at a bar. wont be slow then!

Cool, thanks! Might try putting it in my car see if it makes any difference

dac69er

Super Moderator
it will have an extra board boshed in there and some of the compenents are bent down to allow for it.

its easy to spot mate:

IMAG0051.jpg

Galen

Lifer
has he ever hit fuel cut?

No not that i know of. To be honest i dont think it boost's high enough, it really is a very slow glanza, ive drivin a few other standard one's belonging to friends and they are noticeably quicker than this one, but at the same time its a lot harder on petrol than my car which has a fair few mod's!

Il hopefully get it opened tomorrow, cant wait to find out myself, finger's crossed its real as he'll let me have it cheap!

Galen

Lifer
finally got around to opening up this ECU, have pic's which il post up later, using the internet on my phone now.

When i opened it there's 1 main board with another smaller board kind of glued on top.

Does this sound like a proper JAM ECU?
Il get pic's up when I get a chance.