cracked piston

ramses974

Member +
252d5ac2.jpg

big surprise when rebuilding my 5e , i have not founded why caused my overheating and after inspection
i saw this...a craked piston...Sure now what cause my overheat

mork

Member +
I had a broken piston that was considerably worse than that and I didn't get any overheating issues. Are you sure the engine doesn't have other problems?

wildchild

Member +
did you figure out the reason why it cracked in the first place? how much boost are you running and what size injectors?

ramses974

Member +
did you figure out the reason why it cracked in the first place? how much boost are you running and what size injectors?

Sure
i have not time to boost i properly due to the fact that my car was overheating , i have only done no more than 500km with my engine ...In fact the mechanic has bad fitted my piston that is all . It is not because i was overheating , that cause the piston cracked .First , my car was not overheating with my wosner pistons, until i changed them for low compression to test , and after that my car was all the time in overheat

i've known 2 starlets with crack stock pistons before which did not have overheating issues
most they did was leak oil---blowby

laskt9

Member +
Mine has a small crack. Decent blow by. I'm going to drive it until it blows. It doesn't overheat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Skalabala

Member +
Overheating has nothing to do with broken pistons! Bad engine build between the forged and non forged is what makes it overheat.

ramses974

Member +
Overheating has nothing to do with broken pistons! Bad engine build between the forged and non forged is what makes it overheat.

i have an addition of bad building:
-caps exh. & inta. were not repected and not at the right place
-the cracked piston

standard pistons take relatively good power if the tune is very good
its been done a lot by many people....so its kind of proven

however, there's no doubt forged pistons are stronger--fact

that said, if the tune is not spot on, forged or stock pistons will eventually be damaged.