Dash....(Cluster)

Pete EP82

Member +
Alrite lads,
Iv a problem with the dash. Im gettin no readings in the dash what so ever.
Gauges arnt working and iv no warning lights. Had the engine out of the car for routine checks ;) and ever since engine went back in im getting no readings in the dash.

The only light that comes on is the door light indicating an open door.

I'v not touched any ignition wires...bar taking out a turbo timer. Thats what i thought the problem was so i wired it back in exactly as it was and still nothing. :(

Engine runs perfect...and Apexi RSM seems to read perfect.

Any help appreciated

Pete

weeJohn

Lifer
Is the small plug in the ECU ok?

There is a gauge fuse under the steering wheel to the left, thats worth checking as well.

dark_knight

Member +
@ clarkytrd: ok. didn't see that in the post so i figured he still has the problem. i was going to suggest that he checks that the plugs that go into the rear of the cluster are secure. because of the fact that it's a tight squeeze in there for those of us with big hands, :D ..at times you may think the plugs are in when they aren't so that's a worthy check.. :)

clarkytrd

Member +
He was saying something about the turbo timer, cant remember exactly but he told me he sorted it anyway..!

Oh I know, I hate them plugs on the back of the cluster, even with the smallest of hands they are a nightmare!

dark_knight

Member +
now that you mentioned it, planning to plug in a turbo timer on mine. still shopping around but most likely going to get an apexi. got any wise words of advice for me..? :D

clarkytrd

Member +
id go for a blitz one mate, make sure u get the model specific harness for it too and it just plugs straight in

x1 power wire
x1 earth wire
x1 handbrake wire

the rest just plugs into the harness/ignition.

corofin12345

Member +
i got the an apexi one on mine.. great bit of kit (small pen type)

handnrake sensor
volt meter
a/f reading
02 reading
and of course timer

very simple to install 2 and user friendly

Pete EP82

Member +
Sorry guys....as john said above iv now sorted this. A word of advice...when wiring in a turbo timer do it PROPERLY
and get a car specific harness for it.

Some twat that previously owned my car made a baggs of wiring in a turbo timer and it was a pain in the hole
to sort out! It was some cheap pound shop job turbo timer with no harness and about 12 wires!!

Thanks anyways people