drilling through carbon?

pete_r86

Member +
hey i just got my carbon bonnet delivered today from toby, only thing is, it's for a ep82 and not a 91 :( but i was just wondering when i do get the other one how would i go about drilling the holes for the washer jets as i don't want to fuck up the carbon.

cheers

dandydons

Member +
Might be easier to reroute them through the scuttle panel..My carbon bonnet has been drilled for bonnet pins though.

dandydons

Member +
no mate the bonnet and pins were on the car when I bought it.The windscreen scooshers work well enough where they are but hit the wipers so you have to switch them on if you know what I mean.. no big deal cos you would normally switch wipers on anyway but thats the only drawback..better than risking your bonnet if you dont want to.

goldenvtr

Member +
i just teed off the piping and have the washer tube comming out on my wiper arms ;)

for those that saw it at pod seemed impreesed:p

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
canu post a pic lads about where uv attached the washer jets pls :)

pete_r86

Member +
yeah i've decided i'm not going to drill it just incase. some pics of yours would be good lads. if you don't mind.

cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
i cant see drilling it being a problem! if you are careful and seal the edges of the holes well then itll be fine

ryan-11

Member +
i just got my carbon bonnet on wednesday i was just going to put my washer jets in my scuttle panel didnt want to drill into my bonnet either :)

Idrees

Banned
Drilling a hole would be fine! Accurately measure/mark the bonnet where you want the holes then cover the surrounding area with masking tape! ;)

Then obviously drille the hole :p

riko666

Member +
Drilling a hole would be fine! Accurately measure/mark the bonnet where you want the holes then cover the surrounding area with masking tape! ;)

Then obviously drille the hole :p

Took the words from me...just take it easy, use a sharp drill bit and you should be fine, the masking tape will stop the bit from sliding everywhere...or if you're really nervous, make a guide hole with a pin or someting

SpartaN

Fresh Recruit
Hey Pete,
what bonnet did you get?

DSCF2967.jpg

S.

Timmy

Member +
i used masking tape on the orginal bonnet marked up the holes and peeled it off put it on the carbon bonnet and drilled it with a new bit. Than shaped the hole using a dremel. Only made one tiny mark on the bonnet about 1mmx2mm that isn't covered by the washer itself.