Driver side window not working :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee20

Member +
Righ guys my ep82 driver side windows stopped working, the motor still clicks if you press up and down but doesn't move everything else still works the door locks work the passenger door still works but driver side just clicks and doesn't move....plz help me and if you got a motor let me know

simonleeds

Member +
sounds like motor mate tbh and check the clips on the bottom of the glass they somtimes break causing the glass to jam....

davehart

Member +
I think thats the motor gone.

Best way to check is to take the door card off and have a look first to see if anything is blocking its movement but sounds like the motor or the internal cogs have broke and jammed.

lleey2k4

Member +
Did you hear a bang when it stopped working?

Mine did this the cogs are turning inside the motor but not turning the cog thats connected to the metal work.

Just try and find a 2nd hand regulator as toyota want about 150 notes.

zee20

Member +
Did you hear a bang when it stopped working?

Mine did this the cogs are turning inside the motor but not turning the cog thats connected to the metal work.

Just try and find a 2nd hand regulator as toyota want about 150 notes.

£150........:eek::eek::eek: is that how steap they are?:(

lleey2k4

Member +
Yes mate, i waited till someone sold 1 on here for 40 quid waited about 4 months.

Just had the window held up by a brrom i cut up then when it was warm take it out and let the window drop down :)

TURBO2010

Member +
Yes mate, i waited till someone sold 1 on here for 40 quid waited about 4 months.

Just had the window held up by a brrom i cut up then when it was warm take it out and let the window drop down :)

lol now thats thinking outside the box!! mabe try a scrapyard mate! not 2 sure but i pursume a standerd starlet motor would fit!!

zee20

Member +

the window in my car is help up but it wont move up or down

lingl9z

Member +
Take the reg/motor out, take off the metal cover and there'll be a metal cog and a big plastic cog, the common problem is the curclip around the cog pops off and falls inbetween the plastic one, jamming the motor, hence the noise but no movement! - I did a guide ages ago but can't find it.

Rich.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
this happened too me not too long ago, just took it off an sprayed some lubricant all over, works fine now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.