E manage install

Harvey

Member +
I fitted my emanage over the weekend :)

All went smooth, worked fine that day (altho cannot cnnect the other halfs laptop (no serial) so need a new laptop first)

Anyway that night in 3rd under WOT the car cut off briefly (like a rev limiter) and the ecu light came up on dash.

It has now been periodically doing it, but without the ecu light.

I have this eve disconnected the ignition wires, and just connected the toyota ecu ignition wire direct so the e manage has nothing to do with the ignition as i suspect it could be this. Havent driven it yet though so will find out tomoz.

Has anyone come across this though?

When i got the ecu out i found a HKS FCD and a HKS AFR strapped to it and wired into the map sensor wire!!! Which i removed and plugged the emanage in.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Yup as Jay said fuelcut. If you've just wired the emanage in and not mapped it won't be doing anything, it needs the correct parameter's set to remove the fuel cut too.

Since you already had an HKS AFR and FCD in there I'd take it easy until the emanage is mapped, no point bouncing off the fuel cut as it won't be doing the engine any good and you don't have the fuelling sorted to go above it anyway.

Harvey

Member +
Yeah i thought that mate, and it is always under lots of load when boost is up high.

However my gauge never shows above 10psi??

Unless the japs have done something silly to my wiring, meaning the map sensor is getting a false reading then the previously installed FCD got around? Doesnt do it every time tho :S

Harvey

Member +
Yup as Jay said fuelcut. If you've just wired the emanage in and not mapped it won't be doing anything, it needs the correct parameter's set to remove the fuel cut too.

Since you already had an HKS AFR and FCD in there I'd take it easy until the emanage is mapped, no point bouncing off the fuel cut as it won't be doing the engine any good and you don't have the fuelling sorted to go above it anyway.

Yeah well thats the plan, that the emanage is not doing anything yet (altho only prob is i did buy it 2nd hand (altho as new - unused, but who knows if they plugged it into a comp and changed something?)

Since ive had the car its basically stock, i have added decat, HKS actuator etc and running 10psi so it shouldnt in theory need mapping yet. I have installed it read for a WEPR CT9 kit, with FMIC to run 1 bar.

Guess i need to hurry up and get a laptop to see what the emanage is doing.

If the ignition wire bypass doesnt solve it i will also bypass the map sensor splice until i get a laptop.

weakboy2

Member +
sounds like its deffo fuel cut, and the fact that it doesnt always do it means its probs teetering over the dreaded fuel cut voltage at 10psi. just the change in outside temps is enough to push it over!

Harvey

Member +
sounds like its deffo fuel cut, and the fact that it doesnt always do it means its probs teetering over the dreaded fuel cut voltage at 10psi. just the change in outside temps is enough to push it over!

I thought fuel cut was at 12psi mate??

Harvey

Member +
its just a cheap one. So could always be a combo of slightly inaccurate gauge and diff volt ready for the map causing fuel cut? I hope it is something like that anyway!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
its just a cheap one. So could always be a combo of slightly inaccurate gauge and diff volt ready for the map causing fuel cut? I hope it is something like that anyway!

Get a decent one, no point having a cheap inaccurate one. Their simple enough devices but its surprising how inaccurate the cheaper one's can be!

Harvey

Member +
Well i have finally got a laptop connected.

Done the data logging at it appears the max voltage being read was about 4.22-4.24v so i have set the clamp to 4.2v. So fingers crossed its ok. I took it past 6k rpm WOT earlier in 4th and no cut or light so fingers crossed!

It has also lately under similar circumstances just thrown up the ecu light and stayed on rather then a cut. This sound like fuel cut too? But again not ive changed the clamp should be good. 4th gear run under data logging threw up the light, changed clamp to 4.2, 4th gear run was fine

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Yup thatll be your prob bud, 4.2v will be fine, i reset all my to 4.1v as they were sitting at 4.0v and car seems smoother for some odd reason.