Ebay time?

Idrees

Banned
Anybody think I should stick my car on ebay once its got the bumper and skirts on it? (MOT'd and VIC'd too of course)

It hurts me to think about how long I have before I can get it on the road! Maybe its better to get it finished and sell up? Then buy another project? Maybe a Mark 4 Polo? And I can come back to the Starlet once I'm bored of it...?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Anybody think I should stick my car on ebay once its got the bumper and skirts on it? (MOT'd and VIC'd too of course)

It hurts me to think about how long I have before I can get it on the road! Maybe its better to get it finished and sell up? Then buy another project? Maybe a Mark 4 Polo? And I can come back to the Starlet once I'm bored of it...?

jesus not a polo
if your not going to drve it then get a vtec or something because it should sell quicker

C

CaL

idrees why the fuck are you posting this......this is coming from me...man that would be so pointless....i know you like that turbo mk3 but....ffs man keep your SR....youve put many loved hours into it.....it has gained you respect and is a cool as feck car....mate i think most people will agree with me on this.....and this is coming from a tard like me lol

Idrees

Banned
Lol. The thing is though I'm so so so tempted to drive it now thats its more or less done, I just can't help myself. I took it about today with no damn bumper on!!

C

CaL

Lmao! i know mate its hard....same as me....the gt is just there....waiting for me to drive it...but i cant....time will come matey...it will go quicker than you think

Dan3SGTE

Member +
not pointless as some people find the excitement out of creating something from scratch then moving on.. as a hobby........

Its up to you though idress..... but before making your decision just think long and hard as i can see you regreting........... good luck though mate..........

Personally im not one of these peolpe that say what car should i get next sort of thing, its a bit strange if you ask me.... i would ask advise on particular cars but not what "i" should buy... thats all down to each preference................ all people like different things.....

Idrees

Banned
I see what you mean. The other thing I may do is give it to my brother for a while, but only if he treats her properly. I seriously can't see her doing anything useful parked in the garage till next April which brings a tear to the eye :(

Last edited:

Dave.

Member +
next april? thats hardly any time at all, just in time for the summer mate!

think of all the shit you could do to it over the winter - getting it prepped for next summer so you can learn in it and be driving in time for the summer hols!

Just sounds doss to me, selling it.

Idrees

Banned
8 months is a pretty long time, I doubt I'll have much time for her seen as though I'll be doing my A levels. They're my priority but I can see myself crying if she sells. I could sell her to my bro and buy her back later? :p

Dave.

Member +
no no no....

why let someone else cover it in stonechips/regular wear and tear!? If you've not much time for her, thats fine - means the little you have to do still can be dragged out! :D

get it insured and learn in it before you're 17 (private car parks/industrial estates and so on)

In my opinion - i COULDNT sell a car i'd been working towards, it'd break my heart, and leaving it sitting isn't a big deal mate - she'll be fine, just waiting for her time to shine with the rightful owner! I almost feel sad you're going to sell it!

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
8 months is a pretty long time, I doubt I'll have much time for her seen as though I'll be doing my A levels. They're my priority but I can see myself crying if she sells. I could sell her to my bro and buy her back later? :p

then how will you have time for a new project?
keep it save for wheels and look for a gi or glanza s engine:)

Idrees

Banned
@Dave I learnt to drive at the age of 13. I quite regret it now because theres no fun in driving, I'm not being big headed and saying I don't need to learn anything etc but theres not much left in a 'driving lesson' for me unfortunately!

@180kph when I said another project I meant something subtle. A stock car with cheap insurance on some decent rims and subtly styling? Oh I really don't know anyway, I'll probably keep it parked and get bored of looking at it! I wish I left the respray till next year but fcuk it now, its done!

Last edited:

Dave.

Member +
Theres a LOT more to driving than just using a clutch and changing gear - you need practice on roads (in my opinion) and whether or not you can drive isn't what on the road driving is about, anticipating hazards etc takes practice and without those skills you'll not last long (and neither will you're SR).

So fair enough, no need to practice in an industrial estate/car park - if you don't want the car, then sell it - if you do, then keep it and keep at it in 8 months you'll be jammin with you're beasty wee starlet, cheap insurance and all...

Dave

C

CaL

its hard............he cant do performace mods dan as the insurance will raise massively........its like............ive gotta wait 6 months........but in the end.......il have a beast of a starlet that i love and will always love(sounds ghey hehe).......time will go by quickly though so no worries.......idrees is thinking about it......if i were in his shoes i were to keep it.........up to him though

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
its hard............he cant do performace mods dan as the insurance will raise massively........its like............ive gotta wait 6 months........but in the end.......il have a beast of a starlet that i love and will always love(sounds ghey hehe).......time will go by quickly though so no worries.......idrees is thinking about it......if i were in his shoes i were to keep it.........up to him though

sure he can,don't tell them he swapped the engine as its only a 1.3 anyway.
you have a gt which in my opinion isn't a great car to learn how to drive in because of boost.but fair dues you got what you wanted.