ECU Question

sampsonite

Fresh Recruit
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know which cable i need in order to connect my EP91's ECU to my laptop? Im in the process of writing a program (for my own personal geekinell reasons) and just need the ability to read data from the ECU not write aything to it (DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!)

I've had a google and have found this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Galletto-1260...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2305f981f8

but not sure if its the right thing....

Thanks for your help guys

S

sampsonite

Fresh Recruit
oh really! thats a bit a*se! am i going to have to spend a stupid amount of money on a new ECU then? guess i'll have to write the program for my missus 307....not nearly the same :D

Thanks for your help dude!

J25GTi

Lifer
That's alright mate. Yeah they aren't obd compatible so its not possible to read them. Or get a standalone ecu and do it that way ;)

Link REMOVED

Manufacturer Specifications
EDC16 ECU Flasher V 3.1.1236
ECU flash reading/writing over diagnostic socket for a wide range of ECU units.
Description:

ECU flash reading/writing over diagnostic socket for a wide range of ECU units.

Package includes:
1.Interface with integrated OBD2 connector
2.BENZ 38 pin connection cable with obd2 female
3.OBD2 Female connection cable[/QUOTE]

@ OBDBOX - I am really interested in
your products. Can you please click here are my bank details I will send you the money whenever = Bank Details

BTW, This is a Toyota Forum. They do not use EDC15 or EDC16 and none of your cheap cloned crap works on them.
Take a look online a read why nobody should ever ever ever use a Chinese cloned ECU flashing tool - They corrupt ECUs. They probably have a 2 or 3% success rate.

And I am going to send an email to CMD and Alientech of Italy because it is their tools you have cloned.