EMU Tuning Injector Acceleration Enrichment

Gryzor

Admin
Has anyone played with this ?

Theory : Tuning Injector Acceleration Enrichment

Acceleration Injector Adjustment Map
• This map is used to smooth out the fuel enrichment during quick acceleration, by inputting the injector duty cycle or duration adjustment value, and the adjustment duration time.
• This feature will be activated when the unit detects a rapid throttle opening and be active for the set adjustment duration time.
(How to set)
• Input the Injector duty cycle or duration adjustment value to the corresponding throttle rate andrpm points.
• Input the adjustment decrease rate per rpm points. When this feature makes the inputted adjustment, it take the inputted decrease time to gradually return to normal setting.

ref. p33 http://www.stealth316.com/misc/emanage_ultimate_operation_man.pdf

Texx

Super Moderator
This function would possibly require a linear TPS to work properly, that would involve ditching the stock manual ECU and switching to an auto ECU and throttle body/TPS. The manual TPS stays in the same OFF position for most of the throttle opening duration, it grounds the IDL signal below an opening angle of 1.5° and grounds the PSW signal above 70°, this leaves a range within 68.5° where the switched TPS is in the OFF position. The only time this may have some use would be when slamming the throttle from fully closed to fully open when say racing the engine through the gears.

Having said that, does the EMU actually make any use of the switched TPS signals? Looking at the PDF you've posted it states in the section for setting up the TPS:

Throttle
• This section is used to set the minimum and maximum voltage of the TPS signal.

(How to set)
Turn the ignition key to “ON” position (without engine running)and fully depress the accelerator to set the MIN
and MAX voltage. The system will automatically detect the minimum and maximum voltage and will set the
0~100% throttle range. This can also be done while the engine is runing to comfirm setting

IMPORTANT

• This setting will not program on a vehicle that does not have a throttle position signal, or vehicle with minimum and maximum switch only

Gryzor

Admin
I'll get a shadow trace on the cells later on, but things look like this at the moment..

The enrichment map looks like this ..
enrich_map.gif

TPS log .. 2 quick WOT (stationary)..
tps_log.gif

Texx

Super Moderator
I'm not really sure why your seeing that in the data logger, my guess is that the EMU is somewhat making up the data between logging points. My understanding is that the EMU has only 1 input for the TPS, this is meant to be connected to the variable output signal of a linear TPS. The manual EP91 TPS can't output any kind of signal that would be useful to the EMU in the way that it's meant to. IMO the on/off switched type TPS shouldn't be used for any kind of ignition/fuel map adjustment as it's just asking for trouble.

If you only open the throttle half way, what is the maximum logged throttle position? Does it still peak at 100% or does it only peak to around 50%?

I'll guess it still peaks at 100%?

Gryzor

Admin
I'm not really sure why your seeing that in the data logger, my guess is that the EMU is somewhat making up the data between logging points. My understanding is that the EMU has only 1 input for the TPS, this is meant to be connected to the variable output signal of a linear TPS. The manual EP91 TPS can't output any kind of signal that would be useful to the EMU in the way that it's meant to. IMO the on/off switched type TPS shouldn't be used for any kind of ignition/fuel map adjustment as it's just asking for trouble.

If you only open the throttle half way, what is the maximum logged throttle position? Does it still peak at 100% or does it only peak to around 50%?

I'll guess it still peaks at 100%?

The tps is as you said Tex it peaks at only peaks at 100% well 98% and emanage log adds the rest, but the throttle gain allows the emu to add extra fuel if its high enough etc..

Do u find there's very lean parts of the map when u push the pedal down fast ?

No Chris, at the moment I'm only looking at 1000 - 3000rpm with the hope of improving response, maybe the stock ecu adds enough

hardcoreep

Member +
Guys are right. Doesn't work without a full range TPS. If you have an auto it might work. I have used this function on a 4AGE20v which is NA and has variable voltage TPS and its great.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
wont work with our tps sensor... same as the lads above said :)

kon

hardcoreep

Member +
The manual TPS has THREE modes, OFF, ON and FULL. That's what you're seeing. Not a linear transition across the board as would a normal TPS. I've tried this with my SAFC. Doesn't work.

Gryzor

Admin
yes it would work nuch better with a analog TPS, but as it shows in the logs above(the purple line in the graph above) it is possible to add i/j adjustment when WOT in low revs with the adjustment deceasing after the initial high throttle gain . This insures against heistation ?

Texx

Super Moderator
yes it would work nuch better with a analog TPS, but as it shows in the logs above(the purple line in the graph above) it is possible to add i/j adjustment when WOT in low revs with the adjustment deceasing after the initial high throttle gain . This insures against heistation ?

It depends which TPS signal you've connected to the EMU. If your using the IDL signal then the EMU is going to seeing WOT once the throttle is cracked open more than 1.5° which won't be very accurate, basically it'll mean the EMU will be making injector acc adjustment whenever the engine isn't at idle. If you've used the PSW signal then the EMU will get the WOT position once the throttle opens more than 70°, this would be more suitable for what your trying to achieve.

Ignore the fact that the TPS is called a position sensor, think of it as being either a closed throttle switch or a WOT switch depending which output is wired. I can see your point of view Rich and agree it can work but only to a limited degree. Having the PSW output of the TPS wired to the TPS input of the EMU and making Inj Acc adjustments only in the 100% (or whichever % the EMU see's as WOT) row of the enrichment map will possibly work.