engine light at 3k

tommrs

Member +
hi everyone! after a buyin a gt a few weeks ago from some guys that havent got a clue i near enough had t rebuild the car! rewired all the looms and fitted fmic, fuel pump, rrfpr, airfilter relocation, afc, hks actuator, boost controller, indiglow dials, hks black ssqv2 bov, mangacor 8.5 leads, 3inch straight through exhaust, mild steel mani and donwpipe and now she finally starts first time every time! but whenever its revved past 2800-3000 the engine light comes on? any ideas? shes in for the mot tomorrow n havent got a clue what it could be?

tommrs

Member +
on doin the t1 to e1 test it just flashes steadily! havent got a clue! wheres the knock sensor? is it vacuum based?

tommrs

Member +
i have done that several times during the build! picked up code 22 so replaced t cts but now just flashes steadily!

dark_knight

Member +
fault code read-outs

steady flashing means there is no error/fault-code being reported iirc. have you ruled out your knock sensor..?

mork

Member +
Does your speedo work? I had a broken speedo cable that resulted in a flashing engine light at 3000rpm. Of course it's pretty obvious if it's not working, but don't rule it out!

weeJohn

Lifer
The speedo can still show a speed and that fault occur as its the speed signal from the speedo to the ecu thats missing. That fault throws up a fault code 42 and it gets stored, knock throws up 53 but its not stored so it could be it. When you are revving it above 3k is it coming on at low boost levels or just when flat out?

tommrs

Member +
thanks for the replies guys! on doin the test many times it still flashed steadily! so decided t take out my field harness and run abit of cable straight to the knock sensor from the ecu crimped it up and worked fine! i think abit of the sheilded had snapped somewhere in the loom so just bypassed it! tbh had t do it alot on my gt! and it was doin it at whatever speed or driving style as soon as it hit 3000!